• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funeral for a Fellow Forumite.

40 posts in this topic

I missed it, and I dont get it. Was MK banned for criticizing ARCH for cratering to CGCs demands that nobody be able to criticize CGC by accusing them of the conspiracy we all now believe in to a certain extent) here?

Actually he was basically banned for calling Arch a pencil-necky toady in the service of greasy business men. I think, that is the jist of it. And no, Arch is not a pencil-necked toady in the service of greasy business men. At least, not in those words. poke2.gif

thats just name calling. doesnt seem to merit a banning for that. Lots of that going on here alla time. He wasnt even the loudest agitator for CGC change either. was he? wuzzy? ahh, we all gotta go sometime I guess.

I think his banning had more to do with the fact that he attacked Architecht than CGC. He was gone in 3 minutes after that.

Comments like "toady", "pencil neck", and oh yeah, my personal favorite................ "professionally neutered".

MK knew what he was doing. He was ready to be a martyr.

Actually he was basically banned for calling Arch a pencil-necky toady in the service of greasy business men. I think, that is the jist of it. And no, Arch is not a pencil-necked toady in the service of greasy business men. At least, not in those words. poke2.gif

I think you'd better watch it, bub! All arch has to do is click this button:

1170875-howtoban.JPG

1170875-howtoban.JPG.86b4f652781f0a7b415e60c2c8d10841.JPG

I think his banning had more to do with the fact that he attacked Architecht than CGC. He was gone in 3 minutes after that.

Comments like "toady", "pencil neck", and oh yeah, my personal favorite................ "professionally neutered".

MK knew what he was doing. He was ready to be a martyr.

Crud, forgot about the neutering. Yeah, that was bad too.

thats just name calling. doesnt seem to merit a banning for that. Lots of that going on here alla time.

Arch is a mod. Which makes apples and oranges.

I can understand both sides of this argument. I think it was a bit harsh. Perhaps, a strike and 30 day ban would have been more appropriate considering he was a long standing member.

if that kind of language set Arch off to banishment, he wouldnt last a day here in the trenches. We are all subjected to far worse from certain people here. And I never got the impression Arch was so thin-skinned.

I wasnt reading it in real time so at this point I have to conclude that MK just wouldnt shut the f uck up about it or something.

if that kind of language set Arch off to banishment, he wouldnt last a day here in the trenches. We are all subjected to far worse from certain people here. And I never got the impression Arch was so thin-skinned.

How many other forums do you visit?

It's not every day that a boardmember with over 14K posts gets banned. I'd have to call that either an act of nature or an a case of an extremely long leash.

It appears he finally cut his own throat with his ginsu wit. sorry.gif

Today, we come to post our feelings about banned Forumite Iliterati. We come not to praise his irrascible charm nor denounce his roguish(sp?) wit but instead honor him in the way he deserves. The first time I was called waterhead by him I felt a burning fury that would rival a Vulcan furnace(not talking Trek here folks!). But instead, stayed my comments did I and tried to keep the topic at hand. I failed. And it was, in this failure that I learned this truth. Illiterati can be a at times. But then again, can't we all? So I humbly submit that those, who believe Illiterati can convinced to "Play Nice", should petition Arch to let him back in on a probationary basis. Feel free everyone to state your mind both be it for good or for ill.

good riddance

if any of u were up late reading the "Helen Keller" episode a few nights earlier (the spat i had with him was deleted by morning, your morning) - was enough to convince ANYONE the man is just a boy, and a pre-pubescent boy at that.

forget RIP, let's have GRMKI. GOOD RIDDANCE MKI

When he was talking trash in one of my posts, I never realised he it was MK, now I know! Oh silly me, I should have realised in the first place. How's that song go?

Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah heyyyyyy goodbye (something like that). stooges.gif

what I was saying was what MK said was nothing. What did it sound like I was saying?

I was just trying to see how many other boards you visit. I understood your point. it's just that, generally, moderators are above the fray and are off limits. So, even if what he said was "nothing" it was who he said it to.