• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine #145 Bone Claws Cover

39 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I recently found one of these at a store while I was traveling this past week. I saw the CGC 9.4 on eBay this week (it was listed with a BIN of $2,500 - but no one bought it). I've seen the two sales listed on GPA, but they are from about 4 years ago. Does anybody know of any other recent sales? Thanks! - Keith

That #145 Bone Claw was being sold by our very own otherworldcomics.

With regards to price it's almost impossible to put a figure on a book like that. The same would go for the Venom white cover edition. I personally believed the $2,500 was too high but i certainly don't blame OWC for trying to get it as a book is only worth what one is willing to pay and there is no way of knowing what that figure is on the Wolverine #145 BC.

Here is a link to the article when we first mentioned this printing error in Scoop

Tom

Never knew about that ASM 375. Thanks Tom.

Anyone know who owns it? Is that the only known copies? That's one of my favouite books. Would love to own that.

Here is a link to the article when we first mentioned this printing error in Scoop

Tom

Anyone know who owns it? Is that the only known copies? That's one of my favouite books. Would love to own that.

The ASM 375 looks really cool... I'd love to have one of those as well.

Tom

Why does the ASM 375 "printing error variant" look trimmed? confused.gif Probably due to the way it's scanned, but something just doesn't look right to me. Oh well.

6764_18127_2.jpg375.gif

Tom

Why does the ASM 375 "printing error variant" look trimmed? confused.gif Probably due to the way it's scanned, but something just doesn't look right to me. Oh well.

6764_18127_2.jpg375.gif

I would guess it just the scan (or maybe a mistake in the cover wrap).

By the way Hobgoblin - how's the comics scene in Auburn now?

With regards to price it's almost impossible to put a figure on a book like that. The same would go for the Venom white cover edition. I personally believed the $2,500 was too high but i certainly don't blame OWC for trying to get it as a book is only worth what one is willing to pay and there is no way of knowing what that figure is on the Wolverine #145 BC.

Is there another otherworldcomics out there? Cause it wasn't being sold by me.

sorry.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=1&fpart=1

Gotcha... worldsbestcomics was the seller.

sorry.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=1&fpart=1

Tom

6764_18127_2.jpg375.gif

By the way Hobgoblin - how's the comics scene in Auburn now?

Just went into the newly renovated shop this afternoon to buy some card protector sheets. It would be a great shop if the new issue shelves were arranged better and maybe protected a little better. Most of the new issues are pretty mangled. And the hold boxes are a joke. So I have mine shipped to me bagged & boarded from elsewhere.

In short, it's probably not a bad shop, but I don't trust it yet.

Tom

6764_18127_2.jpg375.gif

If I remember correctly the scan was cut off.

Yep. I am the owner of both the white ASM 375 and the Bone Claws Wolverine 145 that were featured in Scoop a while back.

I don't know why the picture of the 375 looks cut-off. Both books have since been graded by CGC. The white ASM 375 came back 9.4 and the Bone Claws Wolverine 145 came back 9.6. Neither book had any trimming or alteration of any kind. You can see full scans of both books on Pedigree.

I put the Bone Claws Wolverine up on eBay with a big price because I really didn't want to sell it. I have since decided to price it in line with what the Nabisco variant sells for. The Bone Claws variant is much rarer than the Nabisco but I figured that was the fairest benchmark. confused-smiley-013.gif

Similarly, I have used the Black Venom 1 as the benchmark for pricing the White Spidey 375 even though the Spidey is rarer.

Congrats to Keith for finding another Bone Claws, they are extremely scarce. thumbsup2.gif)