• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How low can Marvel go???

77 posts in this topic

Did someone say he couldn't draw feet? smirk.gif

enchant.jpg

The problem is he needs to get there first... foreheadslap.gif

Well, you know great artists such as El Greco and Modigliani, as well as famed illustration artist Robert McGinnis, also drew very elongated, anatomically incorrect figures. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ah, who am I kidding - Liefeld's art just blows. tonofbricks.gif

This sure shows that US mainstream comics are mostly character driven...

Liefeld can't draw, PERIOD!!! Either be feet's, chest, lgs,...the guy is an horrible visual experience, if you decide to look at his drawings!

oh, and Jim Lee's art on heroes reborn wasn't bad, but nothing really impressive imho...still was an image steryotipe imho. Everything looked the same...

and the stories were...well...plain bad!!!

regards

And, if your eyes can handle it, here is another:

onslaught2.jpg

when did YoungShatterbloodstar get a hammer and join the Avengers?

he can draw 1 body and 2 faces....why does he still have work?

i'd rather see stick figures!!!

His rendition of The Thing isn't half bad.

Wow, Sal. So he is just a big fake. Can't even come up with his own original panels. foreheadslap.gif

This is well known. There are many many more examples of his cribbing off of others work. In fact Peter David did multiple "But I Digress" articles highlighting examples in CBG in the mid-90s...

Jim

Wow, Sal. So he is just a big fake. Can't even come up with his own original panels. foreheadslap.gif

This is well known. There are many many more examples of his cribbing off of others work. In fact Peter David did multiple "But I Digress" articles highlighting examples in CBG in the mid-90s...

Jim

Yeah, and there used to be a cool website the was all swipes - "Swipes of the Week" or something. They had tons of Liefeld swipes. I think those previous pictures might be from that non-defunct (I think) site??

Yeah, and there used to be a cool website the was all swipes - "Swipes of the Week" or something. They had tons of Liefeld swipes. I think those previous pictures might be from that non-defunct (I think) site??

Genesis Comics' Swipe of the Week...the site has long been defunct... frown.gif

Jim

Man, this really pisses me off. I didn't realize he stole this much work. And I didn't have a problem with him before.

Any others that you can list? He's supposed to come to Denver this year. If he does, he's going to get an ear full.

Pat

Man, this really pisses me off. I didn't realize he stole this much work. And I didn't have a problem with him before.

Any others that you can list? He's supposed to come to Denver this year. If he does, he's going to get an ear full.

Pat

I'm the same way Pat. I didn't really mind his work, until now. I had no idea about all these "swipes."

I knew about Fighting American. He had gone to court concerning it. I thought the case was not only about Captain America but also a very old character that went by the same name as FA. Someone might correct me on it.

The Shield Helicarrier rip off is what annoys me more than anything (or the Shatterstar sword-through-the-villian). I mean, it looks like he copied it verbatim and Liefieldized it. And, since Lee did it, it had to be around the exact same time frame!!!

Pat

Jim

Not all links work, but you can still see some of them here courtesy of the Wayback Machine...

http://web.archive.org/web/20010424122844/www.genesiscomics.com/SOTW/Archive/

Jim

Not all links work, but you can still see some of them here courtesy of the Wayback Machine...

http://web.archive.org/web/20010424122844/www.genesiscomics.com/SOTW/Archive/

Some of those I would question.

It's one thing to copy how a character might look while in action (which would be a characterisic); while its another thing to copy an entire page of work.

Still, that's a bunch of crud.