• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scam Suspected

69 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I'm new here but I can assure you that for three years now I routinely read up on your comments. I have an interesting possible scam to report to you and get your very wise feedback. Here it goes.

Recently I auctioned (ebay ID: Wolvermint) a Spec. Spm 27 and DD 174 both certified 9.8. Around this time on March 19 eBayer nopimps pulled down my personal information from eBay. I emailed him back asking him why he requested my information from eBay because in over five years of selling on eBay this was the first time such a thing has happened to me. Nopimps emails me back and says he wanted to verify where I lived. He didn't tell me to what end but I assumed that it was in order to calculate his postage in the event he were to win an auction. Nopimps has since not won anything from me.

Fast forward to this week. Ebay seller nopimps auctions Spec. Spm 27 and DD174 both certified 9.8. Both auctions have my scans.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spectacular-Spider-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Daredevil-174-CGC-9-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Today, I examined nopimps feedback and learned that he has quite a few eBay accounts. Most of them have negatives for various reasons. Here are a few of his eBay ID's: helahor3, hhornbyuser, dd168miller, mpaulhela. These ID’s were discovered from eBay seller sgmj2412 with whom he had problems.

The helahor3 is pertinent because here he has negatives for fraudulent auctions where he forges false addresses. From this I deduced that nopimps pulled down my personal information in the first place in order to give my personal information to whoever wins either of these two books. Here is the feedback link for helahor3:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=helahor3

Here is the feedback link for hhornbyuser:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hhornbyuser

Here is the feedbak link for dd168miller:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=dd168miller

Here is the feedback link for mpaulhela:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=mpaulhela

When nopimps requested my personal information from eBay, eBay also gave me his. I don't know if his registered information is correct or fraudulent but it reads that his name is Jarod B. from Vassalboro, ME. I have a phone number but I don’t know if it’s legit. I know that my phone number on eBay needs to be updated as it’s changed so his may be outright fake.

What action have I taken? I emailed nopimps and the two buyers who won the above books. The winner of the Spectacular Spider-Man 27 emailed me stunned. I haven’t heard back from the Daredevil 174 winner.

I have heard back from nopimps. I had emailed him accusing him of highly suspicious auctions. After all, he is using the very same scans. That combined with his unusual request of my personal info and his fraudulent history under eBay ID helahor3 is too coincidental.

Here is nopimps email. First, he insults my name, then he writes:

Your last name is appropriate, curmudgeon.

Did you know that Transaction Interference, which you are guilty of in warning bidders away from MY auctions, is a suspendable eBay offense?

YOU will be reported to eBay for this harassment. Apparently you spend all your time on eBay and it must be a significant source of your income. You don't have the right to baselessly harass bidders on MY auctions with your conjectures and warped delusions.

Good day,

Jarod

Any suggestions? His email is pretty suspicious too. For one, I haven't emailed any of his bidders. Two, why not just say, "Hey Mike, I just won these from the original winners. Hope you don't mind me using your scans."

How can I report him to eBay? I am unable to locate the appropriate link?

-Wolvermint

Report this dude here http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_b...e=Continue+> under listing violations and be sure to state that he stole your images. Hopefully Ebay won't drag their feet getting this guy NARU'd. I got wrapped up in a situation like this as a buyer but not from this guy. Jeezuz... WTF is wrong with Ebay?!!! It's like a paradise for internet fraud!

frustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gif

Well another day another scammer it looks like. Please use the reporting options that others have listed and follow through on this one. Actually thanks for all the efforts you've undertaken thus far. Its sad but true that that only people who have the ability to police EBAY is us the people who use it.

What a scammin' no good turd faced punk. It's cow dump like this that mess up ebay. Tryin' to flip a comic you don't even have. I'll bet this skiny worm bait picks his anus when no one is lookin'. I'll bet he's got the sorest wrist of anyone but Ewert. He'd probably yank food off his own mother's plate.

What a scammin' no good turd faced punk. It's cow dump like this that mess up ebay. Tryin' to flip a comic you don't even have. I'll bet this skiny worm bait picks his anus when no one is lookin'. I'll bet he's got the sorest wrist of anyone but Ewert. He'd probably yank food off his own mother's plate.

Yeah... this 893censored-thumb.gif drives me nuts. Ebay does absolutely nothing to protect people against this.

Email the original winners of the books and make sure they still have them.

Also, I thought that in order to request personal information on someone you have to be involved in a transaction with them. How did he do it otherwise?

Lastly, you must fix your phone immediately, cause if he does report you, they will NARU you just for that, even if you've done nothing else.

I've been tied up for the last two days but I am going to click on the link and report nopimps in a few moments. I did contact the winner of the Spectacular Spider-Man 27 that I auctioned and as stated earlier he was surprised to see nopimps selling his book that nopimps does NOT have. Here are the links of the two books that I sold. You can compare the scans from the links provided in the first post.

Spectacular Spider-Man 27

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33812&item=6607433184

Daredevil 174

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33812&item=6607433988

Nopimps kindly emailed me again today. (Can someone kindly tell me what "curmudgeon" means?) Here is that email:

Mikey,

As I already e-mailed you, curmudgeon, I am reporting YOU to eBay for Transaction Interference. Did you not know that you cannot delete the 'Sent' Messages in your eBay Inbox?

So you are welcome to 'report' me to eBay (for what, exactly?). Just because my item scan is similar to one you sold? That CGC comic is not unique (at least 3 according to current Census and many for Daredevil 174). eBay will ignore your ramblings for the curmudgeon you are.

What is the CGC cert # on 'your' comic?

P.S. From a fellow Miller DD fan - 'You're pretty good, toots... But me..I'm MAGIC..'

OK. Nopimps has been reported. I included the link to this post if eBay wants more information. They will obviously be able to read your valuable input as well as somewhat colorful input from one of the board members.

I should probably add that nopimps pulled down my personal information from eBay by using the following tactic. He entered a bid on one of my auctions. Next, since he now had a "dealing" with me, he used that auction number to request my personal information. If eBay does not pull nopimps auctions, some unsuspecting bidder may receive an empty box with my information on it. By the way, nopimps recently cancelled his Daredevil 174 auction. The other one is still running.

Speaking of scams, here's one I just got today of the email variety.

Your account has been flagged!

PayPal Security Measures.

Dear PayPal Member,

Your account has been randomly flagged in our system as a part of our routine security measures. This is a must to ensure that only you have access and use of your Paypal account and to ensure a safe PayPal experience. We require all flagged accounts to verify their information on file with us. To verify your information at this time, please visit our secure server webform by clicking the hyperlink below:

Had a free minute and looked into our buddy 'nopimps'. Apparrently he goes under several other ebay IDs and has made more than one person a little dissatisfied. Took the opportunity to email them with the following options:

"I noticed you recently had a transaction with user nopimps. Thought you might like to know that he is the current topic of discussion on CCG discussion boards for less than ethical behavior. Here is the link for the discussion:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...134#Post1173410

I would also recommend that if you have not done so yet, please file an item not received complaint with ebay here:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewDisputeConsole&DisputeType=3

Also if you paid with paypal, you may file a complaint here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_comres_flow&trans_id=

Hope this information helps."

Like I always say, it's tough enough to sell books on ebay and these A-holes don't make it any easier. Hopefully the people that I contacted will also take action.

Almost forgot, since Wolvermint was good enough to supply us with his other nom de plumes, I took the opportunity to add them all to my blocked bidder list. Of course he could always create a new ID, but at least he won't get to use those four. I would recommend the same course of action for fellow ebay sellers.

Definitely good advice to add all those ID's to your blocked bidders list. I had a situation a few years back where someone bid $3000 on one of my auctions (a few $10 used video games and a broken playstation) in retaliation after I wouldn't sell them one of the games separately. Every time I cancelled their bid they came in under a different user name and did the same thing. Now whenever I report someone to Ebay for scams, non-paying bidders, items I haven't received, etc... the first thing I do is add them to my blocked bidders list.

Nopimps kindly emailed me again today. (Can someone kindly tell me what "curmudgeon" means?) Here is that email:

Mikey,

As I already e-mailed you, curmudgeon, I am reporting YOU to eBay for Transaction Interference. Did you not know that you cannot delete the 'Sent' Messages in your eBay Inbox?

So you are welcome to 'report' me to eBay (for what, exactly?). Just because my item scan is similar to one you sold? That CGC comic is not unique (at least 3 according to current Census and many for Daredevil 174). eBay will ignore your ramblings for the curmudgeon you are.

What is the CGC cert # on 'your' comic?

P.S. From a fellow Miller DD fan - 'You're pretty good, toots... But me..I'm MAGIC..'

it's the same book. looks like the same certification numbers. i hope you didn't tell him your cert #, because now he can pass that info to anyone who has asked him.

he's just trying to scare you off, the 893censored-thumb.gif-for-brains loser he is. what an insufficiently_thoughtful_person