• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whosoever wins this lot....

7 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2174593577

Please note that I would be open to a 35-cent variant one-on-one trade for the Avengers 164. Don't try and bend me over for a Star Wars 1 or Iron Fist 14, but I've got some nice ones for trade.

It's no secret I'm a Byrne fan, but since I own the Avengers 163 and couldn't give a rat's butt about the Defenders, I'll not be in the running.

Well since I am the current leader I guess I should reply...

I don't have any problem doing that. I have made no secret of my intentions to try to complete the set, but it doesn't matter to me which order I complete them in. So if I get a "slightly better" variant, I'm sure not going to complain...

I think he would have done better doing all 20+ of them individually, but that's his choice as a seller... I'm trying to fill 3-5 holes a month until the set is done, and as nice as it might be to get 20 at a time, I can wait for some of these to come around again.

So if I win the lot, I'll be happy to talk turkey...

but it doesn't matter to me which order I complete them in

I have to say, if you have been seeking things and an opportunity arises to let you fill in a hole - hell! You'd be foolish not to! Hope you complete you collection before things get TOO nasty! smile.gif

I have a bit of an advantage, in that my perceived value is much higher than that of the market at the moment. So every book I buy feels like a bargain to me... I am still pacing myself, but I feel like every book I have bought has been a bargain... so every box is a Christmas present...

Several people here (and in emails) have told me I am paying too much for these right now... That's nice... I'm doing what makes me happy... smile.gif

Several people here (and in emails) have told me I am paying too much for these right now... That's nice... I'm doing what makes me happy... smile.gif

I have a pretty good nose for future trends (and for smelling out hype-driven [!@#%^&^]) and as you know, I've been scooping these up for years. Mostly because I like collecting them, but also due to a feeling they will appreciate solidly over time and are a pretty good deal.