• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

METROPOLIS ORIGINAL ART COLLECTION IS NOW ON-LINE.

41 posts in this topic

I remember going up to Metropolis and seeing Barry Windsor Smith's original proposed Conan #1 cover. I almost collapsed from dehydration after all the drooling.

They really have a hell of a collection... worth a shy.gif

Incredible array of Curt Swan & Gil Kane silver & bronze covers. Wonder what original art u deemed not worthy of photographing for the webpage? Hardcore collector/dealers will generally not sell their orig. art for cash, as they are one of a kind (compare to the population of cgc 9.4 comics). But, they may trade for other art. cloud9.gif

I was there last year picking up an item that I had won on ebay, let me put it this way, the art work that I saw there was MIND BOGGLING! 893frustrated.gif

Hey Steve, I notice that you didn't have the Romita cover to "Bring on the Bad Guys" on your web site.

Did you sell it? confused.gif

The Frankenstein six sheet is the most amazing thing to me. Such a remarkable image on such a rare poster. Quite a combination.

I saw the story of how Metro acquired the Frankenstein six sheet on that show "The Hunt for Amazing Treasures". Very interesting to see how some of these deals materialize behind-the-scenes. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The Frankenstein six sheet is the most amazing thing to me. Such a remarkable image on such a rare poster. Quite a combination.

I saw the story of how Metro acquired the Frankenstein six sheet on that show "The Hunt for Amazing Treasures". Very interesting to see how some of these deals materialize behind-the-scenes. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I saw that too. The funny thing is I wasn't even calculating in the story of its discovery, acquisition and it's immense monetary value when pointing out it out as my favorite in the collection. I just love that poster. When you factor everything else in it's truly an astonishing piece.

The Wrightson wraparound House of Secrets cover art was priced at San Diego comicon for around $3,300 - $3,600 one summer, then $5k the next.

Jim Lee Uncanny X-men orig. comic art seems to have just doubled in value per the profiles-in-history auction that ended a couple of days ago. 893whatthe.gif

Thanks for supplying the link to the original comic art. It is always very enjoyable to see some of the fine art that is out there.

Tom