• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting goals.......is there an end in sight?

26 posts in this topic

When I complete the horror type set, I will start looking to get covers I may like more than the current ones. And I may decide to do some runs on titles I especially like.

Have also been thinking more about collecting plain old GA books.

As long as they keep making them (and making them interesting) I will continue to change my collecting goals every week.

I can remember the days that I only collected 1 or 2 titles religiously. Now every week to my local shop seems to have me leaving with at least on new title added on.

Boy the wife loves that....

I'm trying to finish a run of Daredevil, Amazing Spidder-Man 1-300, and Ultimate Spider Man.

Misc. key issues are also sought: Hulk 181, for example.

Once I've finished my runs, I'll go back and continually upgrade copies, and change my focus to nostalgia books: old sci-fi with gorgeous painted covers, and a special interest in old comics that portray American Indians (I collect pop culture Indian iconography as part of a seminar routine I offer at colleges and universities).

well im going for amaz spiderman#200-441 9.8s,but i keep seeing other titles with great looking covers so i buy all of them also.before cgc when i was younger my brother and i collected all of the key silverage titles like hulk#1,ff#1,amaz fantasy#15 and back then i wasnt as conerned about the grades as i now am.the one concern i have about the spideys#200-441 in 9.8 is by the time i have all they will not be worth what im paying these days,but i love collecting them anyways.somebody PLEASE list some more amaz spidermans#301 cgc 9.8 893frustrated.gifgrin.gif

Once I achieve one area I am collecting I usually find other areas to move into. A perfect example was comics translated over to character memorabilia and related items like radio premiums and original art. I doubt that I would ever stop collecting as I think it is a genetic trait. I have a family with at least 5 generations who have collected and I don't see any end in sight. grin.gif

Tom

highgrade,

The Marvelmania circa 1970 posters are worth anywhere between $45 (Black Knight) to $160 (ASM, Capt America) each depending on character & condition (rips, tape, folds, tack holes). 893blahblah.gif