• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A note on selling and buying here

131 posts in this topic

I didn't have a definative 'yes' on this, so it's not exactly the same, but...

Had a boarder send me a list of 50+ books, got me to scan over 20 of them (front and back), and we got to a fair price...

And then he didn't buy any of them because he'd 'spent too much money with someone else'....

frustrated.gif

I feel your pain tongue.gif

insane.gif

27_laughing.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Fair cop, guvnor!!!

Psiknight put up a wanted post; I responded and we agreed to a price for a book but he never went through with the deal.

There, I named a name.

1176485-pain7.jpg

sumo.gif

Yeah, I should edit my response to include, "Big whoop, who really cares? Sell it to someone else"

Psiknight put up a wanted post; I responded and we agreed to a price for a book but he never went through with the deal.

There, I named a name.

1176485-pain7.jpg

sumo.gif

that pic shows a lot...nothing like a nice mindless mob with a black or white vision of situations to move things forward!!! frown.gif

very recently me and october both agree for a small lot of spidey's (4 or 5 comics), but during/at end of our deal, unfornutelly, some bad experiences on buying from reputable sellers (and $$$ that was literally burned out), i prefered to back off (my mind/spirit wasn't for more deals at this time). I presented the situation and asked to october if it would be possible to cancel the deal, which he agree on (and yes i know it wasn't pleasante for fim, which i did apologised heartfully).

i've had similar experiences on buying on the other side of the fence (being a seller) and the buyer backing off...not a pleasant experience, but there are things much wprst in life!

this is the first time i backed off from an agree deal during my lifetime as a buyer. but also this is the first time i'm really tiered of having consecutive bad experiences and i'm having some time off as a buyer.

too bad life isn't black or white, right or wrong, the ones who should be "got out" and the ones who are in...blindless/shallow minded replys/behaviour on things as trivial as these (yes comics are trivial, even with $$$ on it...at least on my monetary level) show a lot from people.

nothing like a nice public/witch hunt to resolve things up and bring some quality time over here to the community...now this is what human relations are all about, bring up the torchs!!! 893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gif

regards

very recently me and october both agree for a small lot of spidey's (4 or 5 comics), but during/at end of our deal, unfornutelly, some bad experiences on buying from reputable sellers (and $$$ that was literally burned out), i prefered to back off (my mind/spirit wasn't for more deals at this time).

So let me get this straight...October is penalized because of your unsat deals with other sellers? And your mind/spirit wasn't into finalizing the deals? Sorry...that's BS...

Maybe you should back off buying items you may not have the mind/spirit to pursue on a whim... sumo.gif

Jim

There, I named a name.

1176485-pain7.jpg

sumo.gif

that pic shows a lot...nothing like a nice mindless mob with a black or white vision of situations to move things forward!!! frown.gif

very recently me and october both agree for a small lot of spidey's (4 or 5 comics), but during/at end of our deal, unfornutelly, some bad experiences on buying from reputable sellers (and $$$ that was literally burned out), i prefered to back off (my mind/spirit wasn't for more deals at this time). I presented the situation and asked to october if it would be possible to cancel the deal, which he agree on (and yes i know it wasn't pleasante for fim, which i did apologised heartfully).

i've had similar experiences on buying on the other side of the fence (being a seller) and the buyer backing off...not a pleasant experience, but there are things much wprst in life!

this is the first time i backed off from an agree deal during my lifetime as a buyer. but also this is the first time i'm really tiered of having consecutive bad experiences and i'm having some time off as a buyer.

too bad life isn't black or white, right or wrong, the ones who should be "got out" and the ones who are in...blindless/shallow minded replys/behaviour on things as trivial as these (yes comics are trivial, even with $$$ on it...at least on my monetary level) show a lot from people.

nothing like a nice public/witch hunt to resolve things up and bring some quality time over here to the community...now this is what human relations are all about, bring up the torchs!!! 893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gif

regards

Thanks for outing yourself thumbsup2.gif

I didn't see a public witchunt, as October never revealed your name. I do have to disagree about your right or wrong statement and your trivial comment.

It's wrong to commit to buy from someone, then back out without a very good reason. I'm not sure that because you recently had a bad experience with another seller, that your reason qualifies. Heck, if that's how most of us operated our transactions we'd only pay up every other eBay transaction.

If it's all so trivial to you, why not honor your purchase commitment? The only thing that appears trivial is your word at this point.

Sorry, but I'm being honest here. Cold feet isn't a very good reason to back out, unless you particularly felt October was a scam seller and I think we all know that's not the case.

My opinion is this: You should have completed what you gave your word to do, then taken your time off buying comics from your bad experience.

So now, you've managed to transfer your own "bad experience/burnout" to October. If it is so trivial, then just follow through with the deal. Maybe once you had a wonderful transaction with October your "mind/spirit" would improve. It's all about the karma.

Truthfully, I wouldn't consider this a witch hunt. If there are obvious reasons the transaction fell through it could be explained & no harm done. What outing this situation would do is keep these boards a friendlier spot to do business. People will quit throwing up the BIN deals real quickly once it gets to the point that they are getting stiffed 2 or 3 times a week. I thing everybody agrees that would be a bad thing.

The witch burning picture was just for fun, as I am not all fired up to "Out" anyone without a fair warning to do so. If you look back at the begining of this thread I suggested a disclaimer in future sales threads stating that anyone who simply wants to back out after agreeing to buy would be listed as "Moon Walking" on the deal.

I know there will be the occasional situation where the buyer or seller, for one reason or another, will need to back off a deal, but October's original post seemed to say that there were a number of people in his recent sales threads who backed out. This tells me there are people here who are quick to pull the takeit.gif and then decide they didn't want it all that much. To me that is no excuse for backing out. In that situation, if it were me, I would hold to the deal, buy the book and suck it up. Worst case, flip the book and get your money back but complete your obligation to buy.

End of my sign-rantpost.gif

hi.gif

All in all, it's a very unfortunate situation. Though, I don't think naming names is a good solution ........... maybe I'm just not into publically 'outting' people.

BUT as it's often been said, the quality of the board is only as good as the quality of the people who use it. What happened to October is definately not right, and those who did it should reconsider their actions. On the other hand, I've had a couple of experiences with sellers who made me raise an eyebrow and put them on my mental 'I think that I'll avoid you in the furture' list. So I guess the reality is that even though this board is a better selling/buying environment than other places *looks at ebay*, we still have to exercise caution on both sides.

October, I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you. I was very pleased with my purchase from you and look forward to buying from you again when the time is right.

I was very pleased with my purchase from you and look forward to buying from you again when the time is right.

Thanks. flowerred.gif

I am not going to out anyone. If that was my intention I would have named names in my first post. I am hoping that this thread will be enough of a deterrant.

I have about 2 dozen books sitting around that were BIN'd but never paid for. Not a big deal in that it's partially my fault for not PMing the winners after they did.

I figured they would contact me & want to settle up & get those books shipped. Didn't happen & I don't care.

I don't really enjoy selling comics at all, but my experiences doing so over the last 2 months on these forums has been invaluable.

Accumulated a nice shortlist of fave sellers/buyers.....and discovered which members I just can't be bothered to deal with in the future.

sleeping.gif

*If anyone has any books set aside for me, please shoot me a PM and we'll settle up. flowerred.gif

very recently me and october both agree for a small lot of spidey's (4 or 5 comics), but during/at end of our deal, unfornutelly, some bad experiences on buying from reputable sellers (and $$$ that was literally burned out), i prefered to back off (my mind/spirit wasn't for more deals at this time).

So let me get this straight...October is penalized because of your unsat deals with other sellers? And your mind/spirit wasn't into finalizing the deals? Sorry...that's BS...

Maybe you should back off buying items you may not have the mind/spirit to pursue on a whim... sumo.gif

Jim

unfornutelly yes. if that's BS to you that's your problem.

about backing off, that's what i'm doing.

regards

It's wrong to commit to buy from someone, then back out without a very good reason. I'm not sure that because you recently had a bad experience with another seller, that your reason qualifies.

yes i totally agree, even when you have a good one.

bad experiences, like more than one...

as far as a good reason or not, i'll let you judge/label this as you wish.

My opinion is this: You should have completed what you gave your word to do, then taken your time off buying comics from your bad experience.

that's why i presented a request to him, not a firm/consumed position (like saying i won't pay you, period)...

regards

I was very pleased with my purchase from you and look forward to buying from you again when the time is right.

Thanks. flowerred.gif

I am not going to out anyone. If that was my intention I would have named names in my first post. I am hoping that this thread will be enough of a deterrant.

My post wasn't a reply to you topic (even if it initially compeled me to do it, not on a "mean spirit" or something, but on the opposite, to present/assume myself, since to a certain degree it was that important to you as to create this topic).

My reply was more for the "let's get blood/get names/put a list" reaction put along with the "preserve the quality of the boards"...i just think they are opposite ones!

again my apologies to you October, they are/were sincere ones...

regards

So now, you've managed to transfer your own "bad experience/burnout" to October. If it is so trivial, then just follow through with the deal. Maybe once you had a wonderful transaction with October your "mind/spirit" would improve. It's all about the karma.

didn't expressed myself clear. comics involving commitements/honoring deals aren't trivial.

backing off from october wasn't meant to send him a message of that it would be a bad deal, buying from him...

regards