• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City ComicCon & Forum dinner

2 posts in this topic

ECCC Day One was a lot of fun. I heard many dealers saying it was slower than last year. But I have heard that same thing at every show that I have ever gone to! The lowest moment of the show was losing my want list which put a crimp in my comic buying for the rest of the day but I did pick up eight books that I could remember needing.

There was a fire alarm/false alarm. A number of dealers were nervous but NOBODY left the building because it seemed clear that there was no fire. I volunteered to watch tables for any dealer who wanted to flee. No takers. We all cheered when the alarm was finally turned off.

The boys from CGC were there and I dropped off a dozen books to get graded. No doubt a couple of mints in there thumbsup2.gif

I represented at the Forum dinner. I think I was the only forum member there. It was all dealers and Steve Borock. The dinner was huge fun. I sat next to Stacy Sibra (whose husband Steve is a local comic legend) and she was challenging people at our end of the table to choose a super-power. One dealer said he wanted to be able to blend into the background in any situation so I dubbed him Wallflower Boy. Another dealer said he wanted to be an unstoppable NFL running back. "How would you fight crime? Would you have a special ball for that?" Stacy asked.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif He responded, "By donating money to crime victims compensation funds." So, I dubbed him Lameboy. Apparently, I was Ridicule Man.

The waitresses of course thought we were crazy and promptly (and correctly) identified Borock as the leading trouble-maker in the crowd. But, they seemed to be enjoying our group. In fact, when I left, there was some question about whether the hostess would become the next Mrs. Borock.

As the only non-dealer in the room, I found the conversations between the dealers really interesting. "What will be up in the next Overstreet." "Who has 9.6 Amazing Spider-Man 102s?"

Steve Sibra thinks that he can help me find a real nice copy of Metamorpho 1 for a friend of mine. Yeah, I'm talking about you Godfather.