• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, Top 10 magazine covers ??? anyone interested...

60 posts in this topic

I nominate this issue of Crime Does Not Pay mostly for it's shock value. shy.gif

crime.jpg

Is that a comic magazine, and does it reprint the old Gleason comics of the same name? I've never seen that book, and I don't think it shows up the guide either. Wild stuff, I'm not sure if it's intentional or just bad perspective, but the placement of the hot poker on the cover is pretty lewd.

These Crime does not Pay mags actually have very little comic content. There are a few illustrations, but mostly contains stories of the mob and real printed images.

Look at that dude in the back right holding that chick by her hair. He is seriously cocked back to hammer that chick right in her face... 893whatthe.gif

Love those Neal Adams covers.

On the Savage Tales series, I'm very fond of this Adams Cover. I think he just nails this one man. Great Composition, insane intensity, I think this is my favorite of the Adams Savage Tales cover run.

1233943-Image0049.JPG

Keeping with Adams, I've really grown fond of this cover over the years. When you glance at it, it seems kinda cheesy, but when I really look at it, I grow extremely fond of Neal Adams style, and it just solidifies why he is such a great artist. gossip.gif

1233951-Image0053.jpg

1233951-Image0053.jpg.908fc165451108d9643b9e4fe04d5192.jpg

Almost forgot about this one...I'm not sure why I like it so much...perhaps it's just the majesty of it or maybe that it reminds me of a Maxfield Parrish painting...

ep9.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif to everyone posting. I like browsing the Mag forum for those covers. I like the Epic Araich posted and the Savage Tales BC posted.

My Mag collection contains a single item - Creepy 139. Behind this Rudy Nebres covers, there are 7 complete Toth stories.

1240507-Creepy139.jpg

1240507-Creepy139.jpg.e0c564ba50d8bbe952fb57f8d1cf43b2.jpg

My Mag collection contains a single item - Creepy 139.

You are woefully behind then my friend, get some more mags! poke2.gif

BTW: Epic is chock full of some seriously great covers including some from Barry Windsor Smith!

BTW: Epic is chock full of some seriously great covers including some from Barry Windsor Smith!

Epic is a good read, under-valued and chok full of great art & stories. You can get a full run in high grade (VF/VF+) for relativley little money. thumbsup2.gif

Epic is a good read, under-valued and chok full of great art & stories. You can get a full run in high grade (VF/VF+) for relativley little money. thumbsup2.gif

I hear ya, but I'm starting to run out of room! sorry.gif

gossip.gifI was just agreeing with you, for Scrooge's benifit.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif You could always get a larger place to live, though. poke2.gif

gossip.gifI was just agreeing with you, for Scrooge's benifit.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif You could always get a larger place to live, though. poke2.gif

tonofbricks.gif

flowerred.gifhi.gif

27_laughing.gif My girlfriend wants me to move in (to a smaller house) with her and I don't think she fully comprehends all of the books that will be coming with me even though I've showed her most of them. hi.gif

I love this cover. Absolutely love it. It is one of my top Corben covers. Just great stuff...

WOW. That is awesome. First time I have seen that cover.

Did you see the Corben Edgar Allen Poe Marvel mini series that came out a few weeks ago? Really, really good.