• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #129 CGC 9.4 White 1st kitty Pride John Byrne

41 posts in this topic

Are you saying this book is not worth 69.00 bucks as the starting bid. frustrated.gif

All other issues on ebay are at least $120. You can get this for $91 with BIN. I should have said low bin versus low low bin maybe..........

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How about low low starting bid with no reserve?

That works.

If the buy it now was 69.00 I would have bought it now.. err then.

Are you saying this book is not worth 69.00 bucks as the starting bid. frustrated.gif

All other issues on ebay are at least $120. You can get this for $91 with BIN. I should have said low bin versus low low bin maybe..........

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How about low low starting bid with no reserve?

That works.

If the buy it now was 69.00 I would have bought it now.. err then.

And if it was a bin of $1.99 I'd have bought it too...But it isn't

The guy has a right to try and sell the book for whatever he wants....we have a right to buy or not buy.

This is the 2nd forum auction to get derailed this week.

Tough Crowd.

The guy has a right to try and sell the book for whatever he wants....we have a right to buy or not buy.

Do you even read the posts?

I stated the EXACT same thing, and he can price it at $500 if he wants. But if he tries to misrepresent that $500 as a "Low, Low Price!!", then I have a problem.

Seriously, remove that lame and totally erroneous (backed by GPA) "Low, Low BIN" claim, and we don't even have a thread.

Do you even read the posts?

I stated the EXACT same thing, and he can price it at $500 if he wants. But if he tries to misrepresent that $500 as a "Low, Low Price!!", then I have a problem.

Seriously, remove that lame and totally erroneous (backed by GPA) "Low, Low BIN" claim, and we don't even have a thread.

The closest that I see to the EXACT same thing is this...

"Sellers are free to list at any price they want, but I will take exception with false advertising."

So, if I say something that agrees with your point...you still see the need to argue? confused-smiley-013.gif

Okay, that statement isn't being said in fairness, because I already know the answer 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Everyone on the forum doesn't have to be a clone of Nikos, who sometime seems to be giving his books away(great, now he has an excuse to bump the prices 27_laughing.gif)

Bottom line, I think the LightHouse incidents have made the forum a little less trusting...this line is not directed at any person directly.

Bottom line, I think the LightHouse incidents have made the forum a little less trusting...

Very true but not the only reason...October's problems getting people to follow thru on Forum-only BIN auctions is another...

Jim

Bottom line, I think the LightHouse incidents have made the forum a little less trusting...

Very true but not the only reason...October's problems getting people to follow thru on Forum-only BIN auctions is another...

Jim

Let's not forget the overwhelming amount of lowball offers I've been archiving. insane.gif

So, if I say something that agrees with your point...you still see the need to argue? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm just saying that actually READING the comments BEFORE posting is a recommended path to take.

That way, you would already know that those who responded had no problem with his price, or a seller's right to choose it, but did have an issue with the "Low, Low BIN" deal, which was a blatant scam to get people to click, only to find a book priced noticeably higher than GPA.

He can price it at $5 million if he wants, just don't misrepresent the auction as as "Incredibly Low Starting Price - I'm Losing Money on This Sale!" kind of horseshat.

The "Low, Low BIN" is "Total, Total BS" and is not the kind of "lie to get clicks" behavior the forum needs to promote.

What if I posted a set of books with "Highest CGC Graded Copies" and then followed it up with a stack of CGC 8.0 Bronze? Would that be cool? screwy.gif

What if I posted a set of books with "Highest CGC Graded Copies" and then followed it up with a stack of CGC 8.0 Bronze? Would that be cool? screwy.gif

Only if they were the highest graded copies... smirk.gif

Jim

Well, to coin a jduran, they'd be the Highest Graded CGC Copies Currently for Sale on EBay!! 27_laughing.gif

Well, to coin a jduran, they'd be the Highest Graded CGC Copies Currently for Sale on EBay!! 27_laughing.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

JC you mean a modern 9.8 at Collossus would cost more that than this key John Bryne book with Kitty 1st.

Also what year did you pay 32 bucks for yours..........I don't know if you are bragging or tying to degrade my book. yeahok.gif

JC I know your are a John Bryne lover and you want this book so badly.

Admit otherwise. My last set of CGC 9.8 Frank Miller dd's sold were the highest graded period. Not that day for since CGC started.

JC I know your are a John Bryne lover and you want this book so badly.

Nah, I've got plenty of copies of that book (anything in the 120's and up I have lots of), but I would LOVE to get a HG CGC copy of X-Men 115.. flowerred.gif

1178568-xmen_129.jpg

1178568-xmen_129.jpg.7b0fb4f8996f54723546c0308fc8206e.jpg

Also what year did you pay 32 bucks for yours..........I don't know if you are bragging or tying to degrade my book. yeahok.gif

Neither, just stating a fact, since your pal here was on my case.

As for when, it was awhile ago (summer 2004?), but as a lot of people on here know, I tend to buy my books when demand is lowest, rather than following the crowd.