• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another OA question

3 posts in this topic

Look for the non-photo blue lines with a Marvel and DC logo in the upper left hand corner,they have thier own 2-ply strathmore bristol board on 11 X 17 with a 10 X 15 image area,unless there is a full bleed.

Recreations are usually indicated as such in auctions. An artist commissioned to do a recreation commission usually signs their signature then notes it was after the original artist.

I do recreations myself, but even though I don't have any up for sale, I have always marked the back or the artwork with the word "recreation" along with the original title, artists, and my signature and date the piece was finished.

With comic art, I think its too risky for an ebayer to try and pass a recreation off as "real," as there can only be one true owner of the piece. And should he or she see the auction, then the seller is busted.