• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Super Hero's Secret Wars

63 posts in this topic

Em, i've only read 1, 3-8.

2, 9-12 remain unread.

ok, I know this topic is pointless. lol

Not pointless at all....I just reread the series last month. I got to enjoy Mike Zeck again(haven't read anything new my him in ages). The storyline seemed a little dated compared to all the dark stuff done nowadays, but still an enjoyable read.

I felt that Marvel's Secret Wars was a good read. Well worth the $30 (or less) to collect the whole set. If I had to complain, it would be that the super-heroes seem to fight in a rather disjointed fashion. They never really seem to come together as a team. Although that's probably closer to how life really happens, seeing such figures work in harmony before in various books, it was tough to watch them sorta flounder around in the series.

Just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

2, 9-12 remain unread.

Not pointless at all....I just reread the series last month. I got to enjoy Mike Zeck again(haven't read anything new my him in ages). The storyline seemed a little dated compared to all the dark stuff done nowadays, but still an enjoyable read.

Zeck did the art - I should know this for sure, but it was Jim Shooter on the story - though sometimes I think its Roy Thomas. I get confused because I think THomas did SW 2 - which is horrible compared to SW1. The Zeck Covers ROCK. cloud9.gif

2, 9-12 remain unread.

Zeck did the art - I should know this for sure, but it was Jim Shooter on the story - though sometimes I think its Roy Thomas. I get confused because I think THomas did SW 2 - which is horrible compared to SW1. The Zeck Covers ROCK. cloud9.gif

My bad...I certainly meant drawn by Zeck. foreheadslap.gif

I'm not to intrested in getting SW 2.

Is it worth even trying to buy? Even at $1 a peice?

I think I might get SW 3 which is said to be coming ia the topic in the Modern Comics forum.

I wouldn't waste your money on Secret Wars II, it is terrible. crazy.gif

Actually the art was split between Mike Zeck and Bob Layton. The deadline on the series was so tight that Zeck couldn't get all the pages done on time, so BL was drafted in to help out. Unfortunately a lot of Zeck's interior art looks a little rushed, presumably as a result of the tight turn-around time. As jbud says though, his covers were amazing. thumbsup2.gif

My personal favourite is the Dr. Doom cover to #10. That one has to be a lock for the top ten Copper Age covers. cloud9.gif

Great point. And you've reminded me, didn't Art Adams do a few assist panels too? Did I read this in Comic Book Artist or maybe Back Issue?

Actually the art was split between Mike Zeck and Bob Layton. The deadline on the series was so tight that Zeck couldn't get all the pages done on time, so BL was drafted in to help out. Unfortunately a lot of Zeck's interior art looks a little rushed, presumably as a result of the tight turn-around time. As jbud says though, his covers were amazing. thumbsup2.gif

My personal favourite is the Dr. Doom cover to #10. That one has to be a lock for the top ten Copper Age covers. cloud9.gif

Great point. And you've reminded me, didn't Art Adams do a few assist panels too? Did I read this in Comic Book Artist or maybe Back Issue?

I don't actually recall Art Adams being involved. I will have to check through my copies of the books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif