• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smorgasbord of High Grade BA & SA War Books!

33 posts in this topic

Very nice SSWS. Do you happen to have a higher res scan of the book?

Yes, I`ll get one done in the next day or so. To get the listing up, I just used a scan that I had used on the boards before.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I know, I know. The problem is I send most books that I'm selling via ebay to my sister in NJ, because shipping from Hong Kong would kill the market for relatively low-priced books. So I'm kind of at her mercy for scanning the book, and have been trying to nicely bug her the last few days to do some new scans.

thumbsup2.gif Cool, just thinking about setting a snipe.

thumbsup2.gif Anyone who knows me will tell you I am a total nutter when it comes to grade, and I can assure you that the book is absolutely killer. The only reason I'm selling is because I'm focusing on other titles, so I'm doing one of my periodic purges of titles I no longer collect so that they can go to a more appreciative owner.

Very nice SSWS. Do you happen to have a higher res scan of the book?

Okay, I hope this does the trick. The label is also in the scan now. Not perfect, but I'm doing this by "remote control", so it'll have to do.

SSWS154b.jpg

Oh, Oh.....how about some of them thar real nice Flash issues you gots? takeit.gif

flowerred.gif

Rube

Okay, BIN on this book is $99,999.99.

flash111.jpg

I'd take it, but the engine on my Ferrrari just blew a cylinder. tongue.gif

Okay, BIN on this book is $99,999.99.

flash111.jpg

I'd take it, but the engine on my Ferrrari just blew a cylinder. tongue.gif

Yeah, I hate when that happens. Last time that happened, I had to drive the darn Lambo all week, and you know how difficult it is to work the clutch in one of those!

Wow the price on that SSWS is making me feel a lot better about what I paid for my 9.2 copy - congrats Tim. 893applaud-thumb.gif

$530.00 it had late legs to it too 893whatthe.gif That price should bring some HG copies out of the woodwork - mines staying put mind you. wink.gif

Wow the price on that SSWS is making me feel a lot better about what I paid for my 9.2 copy - congrats Tim. 893applaud-thumb.gif

$530.00 it had late legs to it too 893whatthe.gif That price should bring some HG copies out of the woodwork - mines staying put mind you. wink.gif

Thanks Jason. I was pretty pleased with that particular auction. The reserve was $450 and I had doubts it would reach that number, and I wouldn't have been particularly heartbroken if it had not sold. A lot of high grade SSWS's have emerged in the last couple of years, particularly the Enemy Ace issues, but this particular issue has surprisingly remained all by itself in the census.

In my opinion, the steal of the auctions was the 9.6 Sgt. Fury #60, which went for a mere $55, despite the tough black cover and being a book that doesn't often come up for sale. The winner got a great book at a great price.

The winners of the various Golden State books will also be very pleased, as the preservation of these books is fantastic, even if these books were the "dregs" of the collection, structurally speaking. tongue.gif

I recognized quite a few boardies in the bidding, so many thanks to all who bid! 893applaud-thumb.gif