• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB - Bronze Age

64 posts in this topic

I'm looking for the following in raw 9.0 or better. Thanks.

Dazzler

Defenders

Iron Fist

Iron Man Annual

Marvel Adventures

Marvel Team-Up

Marvel Treasury Edition

Spider-Woman

Spidey Super Stories

Supervillain Team-Up

What If?

X-Men At The State Fair

One Shot

X-Men Companion

I have:

Dazzler

18 NM-

19 NM

20 NM-/NM

21 NM

23 VF/NM to NM-

28 VF/NM

Spider-Woman

38 NM

I will look for the others since I am sure I have most...but it could take some time since I have thousands of books to sift through. LMK if you want these and I will hold them for you.

I bought a dozen or so comics from you a while back and was not real happy with the grading. They were low $ books, I don't think I paid more then $20 for the lot, so I didn't push the issue at the time. Unless your grading has tightened up recently I think I'll pass, but thanks for looking.

Send me your mailing address and I will send the books out I listed as compensation...I would have done the same earlier if you were unhappy but you never gave me the opportunity.

When was this? I wish you would have told me at the time instead of airing it the way you did.

I don't remember, but if you PM me your Paypal ID I can check my records and let you know.

I didn't say anything at the time because it wasn't enough money for me to bother. The reason I said something now was because of several warnings I got via PM from other board members that had a similar experience with you. It was after my last "WTB" post here when you replied that you would look for some of the books. I think you must have been very busy at the time and never got back to me, but after you responded to my thread was when I got the PMs warning me. I'd already had the one deal with you so I wasn't planning on doing another, but the warnings served to ensure that.

I'll tell you what. If you want to send me the books on approval then go ahead. If I agree with your grading I will be happy to pay for them as well as posting here so that others can see that maybe your grading has tightened up and it's no longer an issue. On the other hand, if I don't agree with your grading I will send them back. I'll also PM you and give you my feedback on how and where you can tighten up your grading (if you are open to the idea of constructive criticism).

Maybe my experience was a one time deal. Maybe the people that PMed me were also exceptions, I don't know. But I am willing to give it another try if you're open to feedback in regards to your grading if in fact it is lacking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're a bad person. On the contrary, every thing about our transaction was very friendly and your grading wasn't terrible, just "a little off". I don't think you were intentionally over grading, there is no reason to on such low (or no) profit margin books. On Ebay I would not have even thought twice about the issue, but I've got high expectations when dealing with forum members and have always held myself to a high standard when it comes to grading so our transaction stuck in my mind as lacking.

As I said, I'd be happy to try again. My address is:

Brian Rempel

2442 Cerrillos Road #208

Santa Fe, NM 87505

I will also understand if you don't want to give me the time of day, much less comics "on approval". I'm ok with it either way.

Can I send you books to grade? I have 300 or so to do.

Sure. My fee is $5 a book. Send all you want.

Never been so sick of grading in my life...but I'll do it for $3 a pop. sumo.gif

$2.89

Never been so sick of grading in my life...but I'll do it for $3 a pop. sumo.gif

$2.89

Back to $5, but I'll guarantee the grade personally. sumo.gif

$2.89

$5.89 and the PGX "team" will guarantee the grade personally.

Which story is What if 37?

What If The Beast and the Thing Continued to Mutate?

I have it, but that might take a while to dig out. I was just searching for the SVTU 14. I've got 2 copies, one of which should make 9.0

I've got 2 copies of 31 in front of me. Do you have a preference between newsstand & direct?

$2.89

$5.89 and the PGX "team" will guarantee the grade personally.

Out of my league. hail.gif