• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why The Flock is this Forum Turning into a DEALER HAVEN?

72 posts in this topic

As a regular collector who has bought and sold many books in this forum from/to other collectors, I think it should be non-dealer. Certainly, give them another forum that's dealer only.

Shep

"Comics Market - WTB and Forum Only Selling

A board specifically for direct selling offers to other board members without an intermediary (no ebay, dealer, consignment sales, etc.), and for Want To Buy posts."

NO EBAY, NO DEALERS, NO CONSIGNMENT SALES

sumo.gif

...Ok,...where do I put a sale post if I am offering a pre-Ebay sale to forum members only that will go on E-bay within 24hrs if not purchased here,....eventually the sale will be on E-bay, but technically it was forum only sale to start,...would I have to get Arch to remove it once the Ebay portion sarts,...it's all too complicated for me,.... Christo_pull_hair.gif

...Ok,...where do I put a sale post if I am offering a pre-Ebay sale to forum members only that will go on E-bay within 24hrs if not purchased here,....eventually the sale will be on E-bay, but technically it was forum only sale to start,...would I have to get Arch to remove it once the Ebay portion sarts,...it's all too complicated for me,.... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Here's the deal, it's really pretty easy.

You forget about EBay or pre-EBay or whatever-EBay, and just post your BIN or make an offer books here. State it's a 24-hour Forum sale. At the end of 24 hours, thank everyone and announce it's closed.

Then go over to the EBay side, post a link and pimp your books.

Pretty simple really. Two different sales, two different locales, two different methods = two different posts.

just the delete the post after/if it moves to ebay... you been drinking the bong water too? it's for medicinal use of course... you'll probably get your 10th NTT 2 cgc 9.8 copy back all crushed and cracked after the dummy you sent it too puts it back in a padded bubble envelope and thinks it is sufficient packing 27_laughing.gif

Here's the deal, it's really pretty easy.

You forget about EBay and just post your BIN or make an offer books here. State it's a 24-hour sale. At the end of 24 hours, thank everyone and announce it's closed.

Then go over to the EBay side, post a link and pimp your books.

Pretty simple really. Two different sales, two different locales, two different methods = two different posts.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif This JC guy is onto something. You are one smart guy! thumbsup2.gifbrick.gif

As a regular collector who has bought and sold many books in this forum from/to other collectors, I think it should be non-dealer.

Agreed. Besides, they have their own websites. mad.gif

When does a regular collector become a dealer? Is it if the collector has his own website? Nearmint has his own website, but I wouldn't call him a dealer, just someone savvy enough to have his own website. Esquire has his own website and calls himself a dealer, but I know more than a few dealers who don't consider him to be a "real" dealer. confused-smiley-013.gif

When does a regular collector become a dealer? Is it if the collector has his own website? Nearmint has his own website, but I wouldn't call him a dealer, just someone savvy enough to have his own website. Esquire has his own website and calls himself a dealer, but I know more than a few dealers who don't consider him to be a "real" dealer. confused-smiley-013.gif

Did you even read the original post?

It did NOT contain any books, prices, conditions, scans, or anything related to a sale, just a link to his website.

Dealer or not, that is a totally inappropriate post for this forum. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Well, either Arch has addressed this or it was there all along, I don't know which. The other forum for selling on Ebay says this:

Comics Market - Ebay, Retailers, Dealers (4 viewing)

A message board for the purpose advertising comics for sale via ebay, or from dealers or retailers. No anonymous posting is allowed. We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction. Messages expire after 12 days.

I think that just spelled it out.

During prime time, there are usually around 10X the people viewing this forum compared to the EBay, Retailers, Dealers one, so naturally the dealers and website sellers are looking at ways to get access to those numbers.

But of course, once the dealers invade, people will get tired of the constant spam and views will drop.

just the delete the post after/if it moves to ebay... you been drinking the bong water too? it's for medicinal use of course... you'll probably get your 10th NTT 2 cgc 9.8 copy back all crushed and cracked after the dummy you sent it too puts it back in a padded bubble envelope and thinks it is sufficient packing 27_laughing.gif

FOR THE LAST TIME,...NEW TEEN TITANS #2 IS A VERY RARE AND VALUABLE COMIC IN 9.8 WHITE,...MY MONKEY DOES NOT LIKE YOU.... madass.gif

What if I wanted to sell books that were currently in my ebay store. But I wanted to give forum members the ability to purchase them direct with a discount. Ebay would only be a vehicle in which to look at scans, etc.?

That is an EBay sale and you list it in the CGC EBay Forum area so that CGC Forum members can purchase them. If you take them totally off EBay, post scans here and handle the transactions through the CGC Forum, then post them here.

You act as if the EBay, Dealer, Retailer forum is not part of the CGC forums anymore, and I don't even see the question here. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think that just spelled it out.

During prime time, there are usually around 10X the people viewing this forum compared to the EBay, Retailers, Dealers one, so naturally the dealers and website sellers are looking at ways to get access to those numbers.

But of course, once the dealers invade, people will get tired of the constant spam and views will drop.

I'm sure you can count on Mark to abide by the rules.......Metro... well, that will be another story......... Christo_pull_hair.gif

FOR THE LAST TIME,...NEW TEEN TITANS #2 IS A VERY RARE AND VALUABLE COMIC IN 9.8 WHITE,...MY MONKEY DOES NOT LIKE YOU.... madass.gif

sign-funnypost.gif Wow something must be up Rocketeer's butt.

Anyway I agree with JC 893whatthe.gif either post some actual books for sale or don't. Hey I appreciate the efforts Mark Z has made on behalf of collectors, but his post was out of place. I mean how am I to know which books on his site are Heritage buys and which are not. Take the time to scan, or at least post the title issue number and price. Hype your site elsewhere. In all honesty I don't think Mark was doing it to circumvent the rules I agree with who posted that he's fed up with Heritage - aren't we all mad.gif.

I think CGC should really work to maintain the Buy and Sell forum and uphold the original mandate. It really does create goodwill and is one of the best changes they've enacted.

Have you noticed that since this forum opened up, there has been a sharp decrease in anti-CGC sentiment? Either folks are too busy hitting the BIN's or they now have a rosy feeling about CGC, but either way....

I bet if Metro and the Dealer Brigade started spamming and ruined the forum, there would be a backlash against CGC.

Anyway I agree with JC 893whatthe.gif either post some actual books for sale or don't.

Well said, and there is really no "grey zone" here. Either post books for sale here on the forums, or head elsewhere.