• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why The Flock is this Forum Turning into a DEALER HAVEN?

72 posts in this topic

Finally, we had a place to do business forum member to member, but now all I see are dealer threads. It's like they flaunt the forum conventions, and post anyway.

Do we need a 3rd Marketplace Forum that says NO 893censored-thumb.gif DEALERS ALLOWED!!!?

It is more a case of us policing the forums better ourselves. Arch is not going to spot the differences unless we point them out to him. Hit the notify moderator button. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Obviously I tried, but it's already been hit.

I just wonder why all of a sudden, dealers are starting to post on here. Maybe it's because of all the traffic in this forum, which will obviously decrease if the dealers ruin it all.

I can see a dealer posting here, if indeed the offers were available to forum members only. In otherwords, no ebay or website sales. There's my 2 cents.

I don't think that dealers should post in this forum with links to their website. That sort of stuff should go in the other Marketplace forum. makepoint.gif

I can see a dealer posting here, if indeed the offers were available to forum members only.

Sure, but where do you see that happening?

And here's the actual rule - it's pretty cut and dried:

"Comics Market - WTB and Forum Only Selling

A board specifically for direct selling offers to other board members without an intermediary (no ebay, dealer, consignment sales, etc.), and for Want To Buy posts."

NO EBAY, NO DEALERS, NO CONSIGNMENT SALES

How is that difficult to grasp?

I can see a dealer posting here, if indeed the offers were available to forum members only.

Sure, but where do you see that happening?

There's no doubt that certain dealers are attempting to push the envelope. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There's no doubt that certain dealers are attempting to push the envelope. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What envelope?

That Metro post was just a generic listing that anyone can order from, and you cannot buy on the CGC forums, you need to send an email to Metro with your ORDER and any non-member can buy the books.

This IS NO envelope to push, that is a DEALER POST, 110%.

What envelope?

That Metro post was just a generic listing that anyone can order from, and you cannot buy on the CGC forums, you need to send an email to Metro with your ORDER and any non-member can buy the books.

This IS NO envelope to push, that is a DEALER POST, 110%.

I totally agree, Metro's thread is in the wrong place. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I was refering to esquirecomics thread. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That one was no different, it was just disguised a bit better. Both were blatant dealer posts, Metro just made it even more obvious.

I dont consider Zaid a dealer. Just a private collector with a few investment pieces and some extra cash to put up a nice site.

He is one of us.

Possibly. But the fact is his post was still a way to get people to his website and buy books from it. NOT A FORUM ONLY SALE. makepoint.gif

That one was no different, it was just disguised a bit better. Both were blatant dealer posts, Metro just made it even more obvious.

JC, I agree with you 100%.

Both threads DO NOT belong in the forum only selling area. thumbsup2.gif

I dont consider Zaid a dealer. Just a private collector with a few investment pieces and some extra cash to put up a nice site.

He is one of us.

So am I, but what would you say if I spammed this area with tons of EBay or website links? Would that be cool, since I'm "one of us"?

He offered ZERO books for sale on the forum. Check the thread again, just a link to his website... not even a list of titles or some scans.

Now if the big-time dealers want to run some forum only BIN threads like we ourselves have been doing....I would be more than happy to participate. headbang.gif

Sure, as long as you need to be a forum member to buy it, and the transaction takes place totally through the CGC Forum PM or Forum system, then it would be straddling the line, but probably cool.

But seriously, I would not hold my breath waiting. Dealers just want to spam the threads, take orders through their website, get some PR attention, and then take off til the next spam thread comes along.

I dont know folks. Zaid tries his best to help everyone out on here and he participates. He doesnt just sell. As a matter of fact he rarely ever posts anything for sale and the only reason he put that post up today was because he was fed up with heritage.