• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Intriguing Definitional Changes In New 2006 Overstreet Guide

264 posts in this topic

Still nothing new to report. I was told I would be called again. Nada.

They knew you would be billing clients at RFK. poke2.gif With that offense, we're in for a long year. mad.gif

I told them in advance I would be at the game. gossip.gif Then again that didn't stop everyone else from calling me, including the CIA and a client in Europe, while we watched our team lose. frown.gif

The glossary entry regarding the definition of restoration found in The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #36 was in error and is an unedited draft version. This error has been corrected in our files and the correct definition found in The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #35 will be printed in The Big Big Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #36.

Since the beginning of the Guide, Bob and the entire staff have not only been receptive to feedback, they have encouraged advisor and reader input in each and every edition of the book, even to the point of including full-page ads asking for feedback. In a less general sense, we have actively sought such feedback on specific issues such as the comic book ages changes made to the Guide following the articles in CBPG #33, Scoop, and CBPG #34.

While we had communicated this correction privately to several parties who had inquired, we noticed that no one had posted it.

Thank you.

The glossary entry regarding the definition of restoration found in The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #36 was in error and is an unedited draft version. This error has been corrected in our files and the correct definition found in The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #35 will be printed in The Big Big Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #36.

Since the beginning of the Guide, Bob and the entire staff have not only been receptive to feedback, they have encouraged advisor and reader input in each and every edition of the book, even to the point of including full-page ads asking for feedback. In a less general sense, we have actively sought such feedback on specific issues such as the comic book ages changes made to the Guide following the articles in CBPG #33, Scoop, and CBPG #34.

While we had communicated this correction privately to several parties who had inquired, we noticed that no one had posted it.

Thank you.

Maybe none of them believed it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thank you.

Am I to being cynical or obvious if I ask why the definition was changed then (albeit in error) , if no changes were ever planned over the previously published version found in #35?

Ze-

Am I to being cynical or obvious if I ask why the definition was changed then (albeit in error) , if no changes were ever planned over the previously published version found in #35?

Beat me to it...

Why were the changes even made in draft form? Was OS thinking about changing the definition until PCS folded?

Jim

The dreidel is used on Chanukah, not Passover. smile.gif

I am glad to see we are getting all the real tough questions answered here.

And yes I know you dont work there anymore.. flowerred.gif

Cool, Ze-man, saves me a post. smile.gif

Well, you could offer your thoughts about how something like this might happen.

Well , you could.

flowerred.gif

Ze-

Cool, Ze-man, saves me a post. smile.gif

How's the new gig, Arnold? Having a good time over there? What's the coolest item you've seen since you've been there?

It's going great. We're in the midst of settling into new office space and so on, so it's a bit of shuffling right now as I get used to a new environment. I'd be hard-pressed to pick just one thing that's been cool. Certainly the Joe Shuster piece we took to display at the New York Comic-Con turned a lot of heads. For me, seeing an original Marvel no-prize envelope gave me a thrill, but that's me. smile.gif

Tom already offered an official statement from Gemstone that explained it clearly enough to me. I don't have anything to add, nor is it my place to do so.

If Tom is holding a gun to your head blink twice and we will come save you.

J/K

I know you can't and should not say anything , was just poke2.gif

Thank you.

Where else is this announcement going to be disseminated? CBG? Scoop? Wizard? Gemstone website? Newsarama?

Jim

Tom already offered an official statement from Gemstone that explained it clearly enough to me. I don't have anything to add, nor is it my place to do so.

And, it looks like the judges have given their scores on the Condescension Scale......

I see a 9.4, a 9.6, two 9.8's and a pair of perfect 10's! yay.gifpoke2.gif

Where else is this announcement going to be disseminated? CBG? Scoop? Wizard? Gemstone website? Newsarama?

bumpit.gif

Still waiting for some announcement outside a single post on a message forum. confused-smiley-013.gif

Unless the OS guys have taken a page from CGC in the PA department...

Jim