• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the Hulk movie hype gong to do to the 1999 v.2 books?

2 posts in this topic

I can't afford the original runs number 1, but i did start picking up some of the volume 2 (1999) number 1's and the variants. Best part is, up to this week i was getting them for next to nothing....NOW this week, a $5.00 Hulk 1 is going for $8-10, Is the hype starting on these Issues??

If so, how high do you think these books will go?? Will they go nowhere??

I don't know. I bought into the hype and plunked down some bills for Hulk No. 34 (I believe), the return of the monster issue. I also bought the four or five issues behind it. The reason was because of the JR jr art and, although I'm a back issue collector, I just really wanted to check out some of the new stuff.

I think prices on Hulk comics will shoot up, but cool off following the movie's release. (much like Spidey comics a few months after the pic)

And is it just me or does the Digital Hulk hammer-tossing tanks around the desert look extremely fake? I honestly hope I'm wrong (the Hulkster was my first love in comics) but I'm afraid ole greenskin is going to be the Godzilla of 2003.