• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Oversized Art - What series/artists used it?

17 posts in this topic

I was wondering what other series/artists have used oversized art since the 80s? I know Mignola did on Cosmic Odyssey but what else? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering what other series/artists have used oversized art since the 80s? I know Mignola did on Cosmic Odyssey but what else? Does anyone know?

I have a couple pages by Alan Davis from Wolverine Blood Lust that are Oversized art...Silver Age sized pages...makes you wish others did more often.

Wolverine Bloodlust Page 2

Wolverine Bloodlust Page 42

Chris

As I recall, Byrne did some issues of FF 2-up, and inked them with a magic marker. At least, that's what I was able to glean from the scant hobby press I read back then.

Really? Any idea on what issues? Byrne is a favourite of mine.

Thanks!

As I recall, Byrne did some issues of FF 2-up, and inked them with a magic marker. At least, that's what I was able to glean from the scant hobby press I read back then.

Really? Any idea on what issues? Byrne is a favourite of mine.

Thanks!

You missed one important part- "inked them with a magic marker"

I believe it was a sharpie.

If there was a vomit icon, I'd be using it.

Nah I saw it and I'm ok with that. I've seen some really nice con sketch art done with markers only and I can't imagine that JB did a bad job with them for production art.

Nah I saw it and I'm ok with that. I've seen some really nice con sketch art done with markers only

To each their own... confused-smiley-013.gif

For me- I've definitely seen some great sketches done with marker. I use sharpies myself for sketching (at shows, with a model, on the street.) They're great. We're not talking about a sketch though, we're talking about honest to goodness comic art and we're also talking about an artist (Byrne) who needs clean lines (think Austin) to shine. The last thing sharpie lines are is clean. When I get around to buying a Byrne FF page it will have a proper inker.

Thanks in advance.

Other series with large art:

V for Vendetta

Miracleman/Marvelman

Killing Joke

Dark Knight

Thanos Quest

X-Men/Titans One-Shot