• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Price Guide 33

4 posts in this topic

I have just received my copy of OPG 33 ( I live in England) and i was just wondering what all of you out there think about it compared to the last one.

I like how they added two more grades for the prices to give you a wider variety of grades.

But one thing i am dissapointed with is the Ultimate Spiderman prices which are way lower than they actually are. 893frustrated.gif ( My fave Modern book)

I think Bob Overstreet knows his comics, and is an expert in comic trends for 33 years. I think maybe he realizes when books are overpriced due to movie hype, etc. I would predict that by the end of the year, Ultimate Spidey's sell for close to guide.

I would predict that by the end of the year, Ultimate Spidey's sell for close to guide

how could you say that when the spidey movie is coming out in 2004.....keeping his books hot continueously........I think prices will increase by the end of the year when you start hearing tidbits about the next movie

the prices in the guide are for raw books but how many raw books 9.4 do you see?..mostly anyone selling a high profile book will get it graded.......to make maximum profit and for the safety of the buyer who knows what they are getting (unrestored, restored).......gradewise though is subjective and questionable sometimes but usually close........

I think the prices should reflect graded copies that are being sold not raw books that are sitting in collections.

In this point in time what percentage of knowledgable collectors would buy a un graded GS X-MEN #1 for $1100-$1400 and Im not talking about the hookups or the dealer you or your friend know but an outright sale from 2 strangers.....in any way, comic store,ebay, online store??......you could use the argument that buyers have the better deal with the prices not going up but again who buys books at these prices?....they are inflated anyway so just show them the real prices because the book is useless

heres an example: I posted I wanted to buy a X-MEN #101 9.4 or up graded or ungraded I dont have the new guide but it was $120 for a 9.4.......the guy wants $250.......why does he want $250 you ask.........because the last 2-3 on ebay sold for $235 do you think Im going to tell the guy but the guide says $130.......no we go by sale prices not the priceguide!

893blahblah.gif.......I dont know.....JMHO