• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ult. Wolverine/Hulk ***spoilers***

25 posts in this topic

Who else is reading this mini?

I just picked up the first 2 issues and I like what I saw so far! Kinda freaked me out seeing Wolvie R I P P E D I N T W O like that!!! 893whatthe.gif

And I havent been following the Hulk storyline that much so I didnt know they tried to kill him! tonofbricks.gif But ya really gotta love the way he mingles with the ladies in this one! devil.gif

I am enjoying it tremendously, however I don't understand how his adamantium skeleton can be broken like that. I can see the flesh being pulled off the bone, but not his skeleton being broken.

Fun read nontheless.

"or do regular ligiments/muscles/etc. hold everything together? "

You'd think this would be it.

How could you bend metal if it dosen't have a joint?

How can you bend metal period? (Please, I know ways to bend metal. but not if the metal is ment NOT to be bent)

There has to be a good reason for him getting ripped in half.

And on another note.

I WANT ISSUE THREE TO HURRY THE HELL OUT FOR US TO READ!

Christo_pull_hair.gif

I don't know enough about Wolverine's skeletal structure. Is it all fused into one piece, or do regular ligiments/muscles/etc. hold everything together?

That was always the whole problem with the Wolverine character design; sure you couldn't break his bones, but his ligaments and muscles could be torn like wrapping paper.

I believe some crack-addicted hack at Marvel formally retconned it so that Wolverine's adamantium also fused with his cells and created a musculature-adamantium hybrid.

Or something stupid like that... foreheadslap.gif

Well yeah, but they could use some sort of non-lube sockets to allow flexibility.

I'm thinking its regular ligaments, etc. holding things together, which would allow Hulk to do what he did.

I don't know enough about Wolverine's skeletal structure. Is it all fused into one piece, or do regular ligiments/muscles/etc. hold everything together?

That was always the whole problem with the Wolverine character design; sure you couldn't break his bones, but his ligaments and muscles could be torn like wrapping paper.

I believe some crack-addicted hack at Marvel formally retconned it so that Wolverine's adamantium also fused with his cells and created a musculature-adamantium hybrid.

27_laughing.gif Too many crack addicts around lately... thumbsup2.gif

I dont care how it was done...I just know it was COOL AS HELL!! 893applaud-thumb.gifheadbang.gif

In MZ when Wolvie tried to slash the silver surfer his ligaments and flesh tore apart not his bone/claw structure. Wolvie did say he wished he had adamantium ligaments as he tore his arm off from the elbow joint.

May not apply because it's a diffrent universe but maybe it does.

Never heard this. As far as I've seen in any books the adamantium was only fused to Wolvie's skeleton. So yeah you couldn't break his bones but the soft tissue areas could be damaged. Regular muscles and ligaments hold his skeleton in place like everyone else. I think the main thing is that Wolverine's healing factor always kicks in to take care of any of the damage to those muscles and ligaments as well as keeping his body from rejecting the adamantium.

Never heard this.

Actually, I think I saw that from a few pages on one of those comic book news sites, like Scoop or similar, and a doctor was talking about how Wolverine's musculature had also absorbed some of the adamantium.

Never heard this.

Actually, I think I saw that from a few pages on one of those comic book news sites, like Scoop or similar, and a doctor was talking about how Wolverine's musculature had also absorbed some of the adamantium.

Ah, okay.

Never heard this.

Ah, okay.

Even so... would not some bones need to be broken in order to be ripped in half? Is Hulk strong enough to rip adamantium re-inforced skeletons into two pieces?

Although, it would only have to be the spine, which isn't one solid bone. So I'll just shut up........

skeleton.GIF

893scratchchin-thumb.gif