• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sean Phillips Hellblazer covers

34 posts in this topic

Hello there, this is my first post so maybe you all can help me out. I've been looking for painted Hellblazer covers by Sean Phillips and remember there being a website that had a bunch back in the day. Does anyone remember the website or have any information that could lead me in the right direction?

Your talking about www.comicbookart.com run by Scott Eder. His site has been down/beeing rebuilt for about 18months now.

Got my HELLBLAZER 95 cover from him headbang.gifyay.gifcloud9.gif

His contact info is on the site or you can use his ebay id "chesslove"

Tell him Mike sent ya, maybe he'll give me some discounts grin.gif

Thanks Mr NSN. I have been thinking about buying a cover and remembered his site and one cover in particular. I cannot remember the issue but I think John is at a football game crushed against a chainlink fence or some such. Also how do I put a picture icon beneath my name?

Should I go to the how to use a computer forum?

I know which issue you're talking about. Dont recall the exact number though. Scott had mostly covers from issues numbered in the 90s and he did have that cover. Timulty will be along shortly to post a pic of the issue wink.gif

to post a pick in your sig is the same as posting a pic in a post use:

your pic url

and before you try, you cannot link pics from CAF 893naughty-thumb.gif

Mike

(though they are about 3x more than what the Philips covers were going for)

SplashPage's prices are high. Mark Hay (the rep) told me that they were selling the art too cheap in the past, and that people were buying them to flip on Ebay. By pricing above market, he's making sure he's getting the max dollar amount for the artist he can per piece.

On the other hand, a lot of the art is sitting. Even a blazing hot title like MARVEL ZOMBIES still has most of the art available. I guess all concerned can afford to wait.

Pricing strategy aside, I've gotten nothing but top-notch service from Mark for the pieces I've gotten from him.

Phillips cover work on Hellblazer was a nice transition out of the Fabry covers. I was looking over Bermejo's covers and Bradstreets covers(which by the way, there are few Hellblazer covers still reasonable for sale!) and find that there is a more modern feel to them. Which is nice, don't get me wrong but I tend to think of the Hellblazer as having more of an edge then that.

Wow,Is that a coincidence? I am leery about the ol' feedback but I bought a page off of him for $50 to test the waters. What is subpun? I dunno. I was kinda waiting to see if any of you guys had opinions. I mean that is the cover I am looking for! Weird.