• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's taken 6 years...

73 posts in this topic

What's all the fuss about "finally a 9.8 for GI Joe #21"?

Star Wars #107 has been submitted almost twice as often without a 9.8. poke2.gif

(Seriously, though... GI Joe #21 is #2 on the "most submitted modern without a 9.8" list. Or at least, it was.)

Actually 107 is worth at least half of what SW 1 is worth I just got in a SW set the other day the books were verynice I was actually going to pull the 107 to grade but it was the only one missing. Plus 107 is the last issue. It is everybit as important as GIjoe 21

It is everybit as important as GIjoe 21

What are you guys smoking? Star Wars 107 is a throwaway issue, valuable only for its scarcity and as the ignominious end to a largely forgettable series. G.I. Joe #21 could have 1,000 9.8 graded copies and it's appeal would hardly be diminished. I know there are some high-brow types who don't understand the appeal of the Joe series, but the fact of the matter is that G.I. Joe was undeniably one of the most beloved comic series and pop culture properties for an entire generation. And, issue #21, notable both for its absence of words and killer story featuring the introduction of a very popular character (Storm Shadow), is the most memorable issue from the series, and is one of the most loved books of the entire decade to boot.

GI Joe 21 is everywhere...I see this book at every con...Star Wars 107 see a couple of times in my life....

Joe 21 isn't rare, but it IS tough in high grade. I don't go out of my way to look for the book, but every time I see it I check the condition. I have yet to find a raw 9.4 or better.

If you've only seen Star Wars 107 a couple times in your life you're not looking very hard. There are 15 copies on ebay right now if you count stores (3 if you dont).

GI Joe 21 is everywhere...I see this book at every con...Star Wars 107 see a couple of times in my life....

Joe 21 isn't rare, but it IS tough in high grade. I don't go out of my way to look for the book, but every time I see it I check the condition. I have yet to find a raw 9.4 or better.

If you've only seen Star Wars 107 a couple times in your life you're not looking very hard. There are 15 copies on ebay right now if you count stores (3 if you dont).

I was talking about stores and conventions.....

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

screwy.gif

screwy.gif

yay.gifmakepoint.gif

screwy.gif

yay.gifmakepoint.gif

hail.gif

screwy.gif

yay.gifmakepoint.gif

hail.gif

sumo.gif893blahblah.gifboo.gif