• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whatcha all think of this "Marvel Mystery #93"? Neat book!

5 posts in this topic

It's a pretty significant book, but you'd really have to be a niche collector for it to appeal to you. If I recall (I don't follow G.A. Horror much) but I don't think very many G.A. Horror collectors were in to this title? I could be wrong and it's a different title though..

Brian

It's a pretty significant book, but you'd really have to be a niche collector for it to appeal to you. If I recall (I don't follow G.A. Horror much) but I don't think very many G.A. Horror collectors were in to this title? I could be wrong and it's a different title though..

Brian

"Niche" collector? ::harrumph:: Like a Spidey or X-Men collector is not a "niche collector" Dagnabbed elitists! grin.gif

It IS a significant book but only due to being the first horror issue of a continuing title. Other books like the first Eerie (the one-shot and the first all-horror book), Journey Into Mystery #1, Adventures Into The Unknown #1 (first continuing horror comic - from ACG???) eclipse it. But it is definitely a pre-code horror key and any pre-code horror collector would like it. I would venture to say, Friend Murph, that Marvel Tales (in pre-code form - it went into post-code) is amoung the most desireable of the Atlas precodes.

Oh, I was under the impression that there aren't a ton of Atlas Horror collectors and those that were, weren't very hot after this title. Either way, you have to admit this book is very niche. I mean who other than G.A. Horror collector is going to go after it? A "dinosaur-looking thing" cover collector? tongue.gif

Brian

Oh, I was under the impression that there aren't a ton of Atlas Horror collectors and those that were, weren't very hot after this title. Either way, you have to admit this book is very niche. I mean who other than G.A. Horror collector is going to go after it? A "dinosaur-looking thing" cover collector? tongue.gif

Brian

Well, you could well say "Who other than a SA Superhero collector is going to go after :::name your poison::.

No - Atlas collectors are definitely around. Back in the old days I once specialized, for about three years, exclusively in Atlas pre-code horror, and certainly was not alone in that. Now I WILL say there are certain books (mainly due to covers) that blow pretty most Atlas books out of the water, but for general consistency and collectability, Alas is a major contender.