• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 67 in 9.6 on Ebay. Doesn't look right. Seller is comic-keys

42 posts in this topic

I did report it to eBay as a fraudulent listing along with the link provided by rob_react about comic-keys. We'll see what they say.

gossip.gif Check out my signature. I know a little about this seller. He's been reported to death. Believe me, if it did any good he wouldn't be selling on Ebay. Do you know how much money he makes for Ebay? They are in no hurry to let him go. Trust me on this. If you manage to get him into trouble with Ebay then you will have done what many, many people before have failed to.

Well said. I think your sig may have been one of the first warnings I ever read about cumlickkeys, and it was most appreciated. thumbsup2.gif

I did report it to eBay as a fraudulent listing along with the link provided by rob_react about comic-keys. We'll see what they say.

gossip.gif Check out my signature. I know a little about this seller. He's been reported to death. Believe me, if it did any good he wouldn't be selling on Ebay. Do you know how much money he makes for Ebay? They are in no hurry to let him go. Trust me on this. If you manage to get him into trouble with Ebay then you will have done what many, many people before have failed to.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not telling you it's not worth your time to report him, it is. I'm just letting you know that you wouldn't be the first, and probably wont be the last. But the more people that report him the better. thumbsup2.gif

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not telling you it's not worth your time to report him, it is. I'm just letting you know that you wouldn't be the first, and probably wont be the last. But the more people that report him the better.

No problem. I just hate to see this kind of stuff go unchecked as I'm sure a lot of board members do. If I see deceit or injustice I feel it's my obligation to try to make it right or at least point it out to someone. Doesn't always fix the problem, but at least I can say I tried.

Here's something that I just noticed about his images...

When I scan comics, I use colored paper behind the books. I find that it helps bring out the cover colors and the edges are better defined than if you scanned against white (scanner cover closed) or black (scanner cover open). Comic keys also has colored backing in his images. Now, one thing I've noticed is that comic keys images always have a "drop-shadow" at the top edge of the book, suggesting the depth of the comic... makes sense, right? Thing is that every scanner I've ever seen scans top to bottom, not bottom to top. The shadow should be at the bottom of the book, not the top. Here's an example from one of my listings:

Shadow at bottom... DUH!

If you look in my store, you'll see shadows consistently at the bottom of every book... Which makes sense, because I don't Photoshop my scans.

Does comic keys scan all of his books upside down and then invert the images? That would be an awfully strange thing to do, but it's the only way you would end up with the shadow at the top, unless he's using some strange scanner that I've never heard of.

Make sure you bookmark this.....

2004 Thread discussing ComicKey's photoshopped images.

The original auction under discussion is outdated, but it's the same model for all his auctions. He is the lowest of the low. And a friend of FFB's! yay.gif

When I scan comics, I use colored paper behind the books. I find that it helps bring out the cover colors and the edges are better defined than if you scanned against white (scanner cover closed) or black (scanner cover open). Comic keys also has colored backing in his images. Now, one thing I've noticed is that comic keys images always have a "drop-shadow" at the top edge of the book, suggesting the depth of the comic... makes sense, right? Thing is that every scanner I've ever seen scans top to bottom, not bottom to top. The shadow should be at the bottom of the book, not the top. Here's an example from one of my listings:

Shadow at bottom... DUH!

If you look in my store, you'll see shadows consistently at the bottom of every book... Which makes sense, because I don't Photoshop my scans.

Does comic keys scan all of his books upside down and then invert the images? That would be an awfully strange thing to do, but it's the only way you would end up with the shadow at the top, unless he's using some strange scanner that I've never heard of.

Far be it from me to defend this tool, but sometimes I put the book on the scanner upside down then flip the image 180 in the viewer. blush.gif

If I put books in my scanner right-side-up, they appear as upside-down in my imaging software. So, I always put books in my scanner upside-down. It's weird and wacky, but that's the way it is.

FOFFB? confused-smiley-013.gif

hey, I'm a FOFFB sumo.gif

but what's that old Groucho saying ? . . . 27_laughing.gif

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho

Shadow at bottom... DUH!

Far be it from me to defend this tool, but sometimes I put the book on the scanner upside down then flip the image 180 in the viewer. blush.gif

If I put books in my scanner right-side-up, they appear as upside-down in my imaging software. So, I always put books in my scanner upside-down. It's weird and wacky, but that's the way it is.

You just need to reverse your USB cable, and it will be right. You can thank me later.

Turning your monitor upside down works too.

Shadow at bottom... DUH!

The original auction under discussion is outdated, but it's the same model for all his auctions. He is the lowest of the low. And a friend of FFB's! yay.gif

Excuse me? Go to hell, Brad.

Shadow at bottom... DUH!

I knew I was right! poke2.gif C'mon guys whatever happen to the kinder, gentler boards?

Shadow at bottom... DUH!

I knew I was right! poke2.gif C'mon guys whatever happen to the kinder, gentler boards?

I haven't attacked anyone since I started the civility thread. But Brad's attack on me was wayyyyy out of line.

I haven't attacked anyone since I started the civility thread. But Brad's attack on me was wayyyyy out of line.

Then let the flame wars begin. acclaim.gif Its been pretty dull around here lately. stooges.gif

Then let the flame wars begin. acclaim.gif Its been pretty dull around here lately. stooges.gif

I'm not going to get into a flame war about it. I meant what I said about staying out of flame wars from now on. I just couldn't believe that ridiculous statement and didn't want it to go unchallenged.

Does this look a little odd to anyone else? Spidey 67 9.6

Private feedback and all the bidders identities protected?

A new lost soul that needs to warned about the anti-comic-collector.

The mark of the Keys is 666.

About 6 millimeters will be trimmed off each of the three edges. gossip.gif