• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about this one???? Sniped by a newbie.

5 posts in this topic

Was panicking......thought that for the second time in two days I was going to get stuck with a book I didn't want. Then along comes a newbie (brand spanking new) to save the day.

While you are in there look at the miswrap of that cover.

Sniped

I am just going to have to learn to put my watch bids lower.

Yeah, I used to watch-bid a lot more, then I got stuck paying $300 for an ASM I already had! I think I was drunk when I placed that bid. I didn't even realize I won until a day later. I checked my email, and found the "congratulations" notification from ebay, and the seller giving me the total. My literal reaction was WTF? 893whatthe.gif

Was panicking......thought that for the second time in two days I was going to get stuck with a book I didn't want. Then along comes a newbie (brand spanking new) to save the day.

While you are in there look at the miswrap of that cover.

Sniped

My gawd, Mush - the first thing the seller said was "The front cover was really cut funny at the printers."

I mean - well - really - gosh - sheesh! Phew! grin.gif

I have a very fine copy of this book that I bought a couple of years of go, saw this entry, had no room left in watch, didn't read the description, deafulted the first bid in the windows pop down, confirmed, suddenly realised it was $70, thought a second and went WTF its' a JoJo somebody will beat it.

After a few days when I was still the high bidder I went in and had a look and thought you Tanga (tagalog for insufficiently_thoughtful_person) that POS won't go above $40. Well it turned out to be my lucky day. crazy.gif