• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going to Boston!

47 posts in this topic

For food:

Grill 23 for steak

North End for anything Italian

Fugakyu or Oishi for Sushi

Toro for Tapas

For sightseeing:

Take in a Red Sox game (although I believe the season is sold out, you may need to go through a ticket broker)

Walk the Freedom Trail

Check out Harvard Square

Best of luck and hope you have fun.

Stephen

If you get to the ticket office at Fenway about 1.5 to 2 hrs before game time they usually will release seats for that day's game.

I'll quickly add for food-

Ming Tsai's place Blue Ginger ( http://www.ming.com/blueginger/ ) . It's outside of the city, but not really all that far. It's probably my favorite restaurant in town.

Rialto ( http://www.rialto-restaurant.com/ ) - Jody Adams place in Harvard Square.

Dali ( http://www.dalirestaurant.com/ ) for tapas.

I'll also second the recommendation of Grill 23 893applaud-thumb.gif

please come to Boston...

for the springtime?

I can't believe you typed that. I caught that song on a radio station here the other day. Song is kind of catchy.

PLEASE COME TO BOSTON

Written by Dave Loggins

Please come to Boston for the springtime

I'm stayin' here with some friends and they've got lotsa room

You can sell your paintings on the sidewalk

By a café here I hope to be workin' soon

Please come to Boston

She said "No. Would you come home to me?"

And she said, "Hey ramblin' boy now won't cha settle down?

Boston ain't your kinda town

There ain't no gold and there ain't nobody like me

I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee"

Please come to Denver with the snowfall

We'll move up into the mountains so far that we can't be found

And throw "I love you" echoes down the canyon

And then lie awake at night till they come back around

Please come to Denver

She said "No. Boy, would you come home to me?"

And she said, "Hey ramblin' boy why don't cha settle down?

Denver ain't your kinda town

'Cause I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee"

Now this drifter's world goes 'round and 'round

And I doubt that it's ever gonna stop

But of all the dreams I've lost or found

And all that I ain't got

I still need to lean to

Somebody I can sing to

Please come to LA to live forever

California life alone is just too hard to build

I live in a house that looks out over the ocean

And there's some stars that fell from the sky

Livin' up on the hill

Please come to LA

She just said "No. Boy, won't you come home to me?"

And she said, "Hey ramblin' boy why don't cha settle down?

LA can't be your kinda town

No, no, I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee"

"I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee"

please come to Boston...

for the springtime?

I can't believe you typed that. I caught that song on a radio station here the other day. Song is kind of catchy.

Not, if you lived anywhere near Boston in the 70s, it was on every frikkin radio station, every hour of every day!!!! frustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gif

I've only been to Boston once, sevaral years ago for work. It's definitely a cool city. Oh, and it's definitely not much to look at, but you could always drop by the Cheers bar for a few beers. insane.gif

We did because it was close to where we were staying and wanted to check it out. It's definitely a "tourist" thing, but they had live music in the back bar and we got drunk and had a good time. The outside of it is the same, but on the inside it is nothing like the TV set. I think the actual name of it is the Bull & Finch...or something like that.

Also buzzed around a bit and saw some of the historical aspects of the city, which was pretty cool. Unfortunately, work prevented me from seeing as much of the city as I wanted to.

Also, I really like your avatar and was curious what it would look like with a white background. Feel free to use it if you want, but I like your regular one as well.

1196013-BlackPanther.jpg

1196013-BlackPanther.jpg.466fe59f3052ffd3a7c091183d00115e.jpg

Any other suggestions guys?

Anything specific (type of food, type of venue) you want to know about?

I was also planning on giving you more recommendations when I found out where you were staying...

I was also planning on giving you more recommendations when I found out where you were staying...

I'm sure that the people I am going with are ready to commute within an hour or so radius of Boston's Expo Center

I'm sure that the people I am going with are ready to commute within an hour or so radius of Boston's Expo Center

True. Boston is a lot of times easier to get around with on foot though, so if you were staying somewhere cool, I could say "oh go there, there and there."

True. Boston is a lot of times easier to get around with on foot though, so if you were staying somewhere cool, I could say "oh go there, there and there."

Double Tree about 25 feet from the convention? That is what I was just told smile.gif

So how was Boston RickDogg?

Hey Kevin,

Tonight was my first night here and we pretty much just grabbed dinner and that was it. The lobster was delicious and the Seafood chowder was good as well. One thing I did notice is atleast you guys have better looking women than Philadelphia. smile.gif Also, i've been stared at very oddly by african american females. Are they not used to Cali Asian guys? hahah 27_laughing.gif

I will have more pics in the next few days, but with a lot more WOMEN tongue.gif Have any suggestins on restaurants I should try?

Rick

So how was Boston RickDogg?

Hey Kevin,

Tonight was my first night here and we pretty much just grabbed dinner and that was it. The lobster was delicious and the Seafood chowder was good as well. One thing I did notice is atleast you guys have better looking women than Philadelphia. smile.gif Also, i've been stared at very oddly by african american females. Are they not used to Cali Asian guys? hahah 27_laughing.gif

I will have more pics in the next few days, but with a lot more WOMEN tongue.gif Have any suggestins on restaurants I should try?

Rick

I was wondering where the women were!!! I love lobster, but!!!!

The big tent thing was the Bank of America Pavilion! Some good concerts there, you just have to hope that there aren't too many jets taking off from Logan when you go there(drowns out the music)