• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OH MY! Great Comic Collectibles on Home Shopping Network.......

28 posts in this topic

I've always wondered how they'd get into this because vintage comics are a bit harder to sell in bulk groups (seriously, then getting together 100 NM copies of any easy on like ASM 300 would be a lot of work....500 copies of the Mark McGwire olympic rookie card or Bonds' rookie card...pretty easy) than cards with 5 million print-runs each (not to mention, it seems that buying vintage cards in bulk a tenormous discounts off guide is a little easier than comics). You do it by limited edition signed versions of moderns that can be bought in bulk. That way, you can attribute whatever value you want to it. They could be trying to hock as many copies of Superman 500 as they want, but people can quickly do a little research and see it's a 50 cent comic. But the limited signed edition? Harder to quantify.

And I will be here to post screenshots!! acclaim.gif

1192972-hsn_1.jpg

Too bad you don't have the audio to go with the pic. I'd love to hear their investment advice. foreheadslap.gif

Let me sum it up for you.

"Please buy this cr@p I'm trying to sell you."

1192972-hsn_1.jpg

Too bad you don't have the audio to go with the pic. I'd love to hear their investment advice. foreheadslap.gif

You obviously have never seen Nick Barrucci hawk his wares on these shows. He's like a ramped up fanboy on steriods and, frankly, quite embarrassing to watch...

Jim

1192972-hsn_1.jpg

You obviously have never seen Nick Barrucci hawk his wares on these shows. He's like a ramped up fanboy on steriods and, frankly, quite embarrassing to watch...

Jim

You must have missed my glorious thread in the sports card section here:

1192972-hsn_1.jpg

Jim

Yeah, that was such a popular thread. makepoint.gif

1192972-hsn_1.jpg

Jim

Yeah, that was such a popular thread. makepoint.gif

Nobody goes down there to post much.

Sometimes it takes 6 months to get a thread off the first page.

Here it takes 6 hours. sumo.gif

1192972-hsn_1.jpg

Origin 2, Heroes: tribute comic, xmen v2 25, confused-smiley-013.gif , confused-smiley-013.gif , wolverine v2 1 and where are the other 4?

from what I remember about DF sig pricing, that $279 is a bargain insane.gif

Darth, the other 2 shown are Marvel Must Haves reprinting ASM #36 and Spider-Man 500. I am sure they talked up the Marvel Must Haves... insane.gif