• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Amazing Spider-Man 265 (qst Silver Sable) 9.6 or better

32 posts in this topic

That's what I love about this site. If I'm looking for some incredibly rare or hot key issue, it's okay. There's all sorts of banter and support and fun. But when I come along and show interest in something no one else cares about, it's essentially, "why bother?" "Who cares?" Everyone knows ebay sucks for getting raw comics, but when it's not a certain type of comics, then it's the who cares attitude. Well you know what? I care. I want this comic. I want Warlords and Tarzans and John Carters. No one really cares about those but me. And I'm a comic collector. So what if I don't fit into this typical Gold or Silver age role everyone else has. Everyone has different wants. I just happen to collect/want comics that aren't a big deal to others.

I'm sorry for "wasting" everyone's time looking for something as insignificant as Sable's first appearance. I'll make sure I keep my posts to something meaningful and look elsewhere for my lame books.

Hey relax, i was just trying to give you a heads up with eBay as I checked it for 265. I agree with you about the lack of responses to low value items here. If i wasn't an ASM completist i would sell you my copy. The reason i said "redundant" was to tell you that you'll be able to pick it up cheap.

Sorry, I wasn't attacking you. Just some attitudes in general. I think it's unfortunate that I feel like I'm at the kiddie table. There was a post in the main forum about the death of collecting and there was some article posted. I remember a quote about some collectors who let the young kids win auctions just to promote the hobby.

I still want to get my feet wet. I'm still trying to develop my habits and start collecting old books. But if I'm not looking for big money stuff, I feel shunned. Well, I'll never get to those books if I don't do these little guys first and get a feel for what goes on in the hobby. It's almost like I need a mentor, but while this place is a wealth of information, it's not exactly the place to get your fix of these little, no-big-deal books.

Oh well. I'm making a mountain out a less than a mole hill. Just upset today. Maybe collecting comics isn't for me. Who knows.

Well that's how it is here. The demographic is made up of mainly people over 40 who collect GA/SA/BA books, and high value ones at that. I know what you mean though, i get the "snobbish" cold shoulder all the time from people here because i primarily collect books from the last 25 years. It's not to say i don't buy the occasional high grade silver or bronze book but for a lot of people here it's not enough and i have to be buying these books all the time to be "part of the gang".

If it bothers you i suggest another site with a younger demographic. You might like CPG. Although i'm young i mange to put up with the snobs because i've been collecting for 18 years. Just don't let it get to ya and keep collecting whatever you like!

But when I come along and show interest in something no one else cares about, it's essentially, "why bother?" "Who cares?" What an elitest attitude that is.

That is NOT what anyone is saying.

It's just that searching through longboxes is tough work, and usually there has to be some payoff, either as a favor to a friend or to profit from a potential sale. If neither exists, then why waste time?

If you were to offer $50 for a prime copy, I bet the response would be different. insane.gif

I've got a decent copy from an original owner collection, not a 9.6 though....more like my 8.5 or a cgc 9.0. I'd have to check again. Obviously not too pricey.

I'll email you scans if you'd like.

PM me with your email.

Sorry for the grumpy attitude, everyone. And thanks for the support. I'm just frustrated today. I've just been thinking lately that I'd much rather spend my money on older comics than the moderns I've been buying. So when I get little to no feedback when looking for those few books I do know I have the money for and the interest in, well, it gets disconcerting.

I get even worse support with football cards. I love the Packers and I love having historical reminders through the cards. When I post requests for anything worth less than $100, I hear crickets in the night.

Everyone here loves comics. I love coming here and reading threads and seeing how others spend their money on their passions. It just sucks being in a situation where I can only afford the small stuff that gets little to no attention.

But, you know, I should be cool with that. It just means that I have to search longer and harder, so the reward is even greater when I do succeed.

Again, sorry for the bad attitude. And when I'm ready to spend hundreds of dollars on one book, well, I'll let everyone know. laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure I have a couple copies left in about 9.4/9.6 if you are interested. You'll have to give me a few days though, as they are packed away with the rest of my OO run. thumbsup2.gif

Post your want list. I don't think I have another 265, but I'm sure I can hook you up if you need nice copies of other ASM issues.

If I don't have them, I'm sure someone else will. thumbsup2.gif

I've been debating this very idea for sometime. I've noticed that the few times I post a large list of items, I get feedback immediately. That's wonderful, but not so great at the same time since I can't always afford multiple books at once. Hahaha.

It's funny. I spend weeks trying to decide which book or run of books I want to go after. And when I do, I need them NOW! hahaha. I need a valium.

Thanks again!

Yeah, I have multiple unread issues of this one too... it's just a lot of trouble for me to locate specific issues right now.

If I come across them, I'll put them up. I'm scanning in a run of ASMs right now (the run consists of 2 - 201)