• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever dealt with Paul Litchford? eBay ID paullitchford

19 posts in this topic

This guy agreed to buy a CGC 9.6 Wolverine 145 Nabisco from me three weeks ago for $900 and has been stalling on payment ever since. I see that he has a similar CGC 9.6 Wolverine 145 Nabisco up for sale.

He was also negotiating to buy a CGC 10.0 Hulk 181 Ace edition from me. Then I find this: eBay auction I think that he was trying to sell my book to raise the money to buy the book from me. 893whatthe.gif I also see on his feedback that he has a negative for selling a book that he didn't own. That wasn't there three weeks ago.

Has anyone dealt with this guy?

I don't think that his current Wolverine Nabisco auction is for my book because the picture looks different. But I'm wondering if he agreed to buy my book to get my listing off eBay so it wouldn't interfere with his own auction.

Any advice on how to handle this situation? I'm thinking I should cancel my PayPal invoice to him and relist my book on eBay.

This guy has outbid me on every ultimate spiderman 1 white, red, df and usm 5 cgc 9.8 auction I have bid on lately. I think you may have something there about eliminating the competition because he also flips what he wins

I would like to keep this from turning into a thread about the value of modern comics. Thanks.

Darth, I see what you mean about his bids on Ultimate Spideys. I wonder if he is trying to corner the market on Wolverine Nabiscos too?

I sold Him a raw 9.2 White Ultimate Spidey #1 off of ebay. He paid fast with Paypal. I did check his listings and noticed he had others of the same book in current and completed auctions. I also think it is some system he has come up with to try and eliminate the competition.

Was your agreement on or off of ebay? If it was offebay, I would send nim notice that the deal is off and move on. If it was an ebay transaction, then when you feel like it has come to that point, drop the NEG on him.

I sold Him a raw 9.2 White Ultimate Spidey #1 off of ebay. He paid fast with Paypal. I did check his listings and noticed he had others of the same book in current and completed auctions. I also think it is some system he has come up with to try and eliminate the competition.

Was your agreement on or off of ebay? If it was offebay, I would send nim notice that the deal is off and move on. If it was an ebay transaction, then when you feel like it has come to that point, drop the NEG on him.

...and if it was offebay, I would block him from bidding on your auctions in the future. Heck, at this point, if it is off ebay and he hasnt paid nor has he really discussed payment. I would just relist it...?

Carl,

I see that he is bidding on another graded copy of Wolverine 145 Nabisco on eBay and has bought at least one, maybe more raw copy also within the last month. I think he really might be trying to corner the market.

Has anyone ever heard of one individual buying every copy of a book that shows up on eBay? The Nabisco is a rare book but still 20-30 copies must show up on eBay in a year. Can one person really buy them all and make any money?

OK, I guess that I can understand hording confused-smiley-013.gif. I don't understand how you can buy on eBay and hope to immediately flip on eBay and make any money. screwy.gif

there's a P.T. Barnum quote that comes immediately to mind

OK, I guess that I can understand hording confused-smiley-013.gif. I don't understand how you can buy on eBay and hope to immediately flip on eBay and make any money. screwy.gif

It's called "shilling your own auctions" wink.gifhi.gif

I know I USED TO hoard certain 30 cent variants....then I was admonished for it... ended up getting rid of most of them to fund or trade for other books I was later interested in