• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 2 Qualified FINE

7 posts in this topic

Taking offers for $600 or greater. Highest offer (if I get any) gets it and I'll close out by todays end.

ASM 2 FINE, interior page is loose

The ad page is a married page from a different ASM 2. It is loose with no rice paper or tape holding it in.

Asm2.jpg

asm2bc.jpg

Thanks for the kind words about the grade. I've really enjoyed owning this as its a perfect book to have and read as an original. Not in such perfect shape that you need to have it graded or are nervouse to open it, but way better than the usual G/VG readers.

The page torn is the Marvel ad and it is only the one page. This has been replaced (by me) from a Good ASM 2 I bought that had matching paper quality. The flip page in the back half of the book is still stapled to the comic and has about a 1/4 inch of extra paper.

Ed

Thanks for the kind words about the grade. I've really enjoyed owning this as its a perfect book to have and read as an original. Not in such perfect shape that you need to have it graded or are nervouse to open it, but way better than the usual G/VG readers.

The page torn is the Marvel ad and it is only the one page. This has been replaced (by me) from a Good ASM 2 I bought that had matching paper quality. The flip page in the back half of the book is still stapled to the comic and has about a 1/4 inch of extra paper.

Ed

893whatthe.gif So you ripped/cut the ad out of Good copy? I guess what I'm trying to get at.... When you took the ad out of the Good #2 did you destroy that wrap, or is it preserved and can be professionally married back to the Fine.

Actually I no longer have the book but I remeber it being very beat up. I know I paid less than $100 for it and I think the cover had tape so probably a fair at best. Any way, yes I did tear the page. This was long before I know about the Matt Nelsons of the world and I don't have the skill to take apart and put together a comic book without causing problems. I simply wanted a page so it would be "complete" I suppose you could still get a Fair to poor (or coverless) copy and marry the entire wrap but I don't like the affect of taking apart comics. That seems more "wrong" to me.

Actually I no longer have the book but I remeber it being very beat up. I know I paid less than $100 for it and I think the cover had tape so probably a fair at best. Any way, yes I did tear the page. This was long before I know about the Matt Nelsons of the world and I don't have the skill to take apart and put together a comic book without causing problems. I simply wanted a page so it would be "complete" I suppose you could still get a Fair to poor (or coverless) copy and marry the entire wrap but I don't like the affect of taking apart comics. That seems more "wrong" to me.

If not disclosed I believe it to be wrong as well. I bet marrying pages hapens a lot more than we think. But due to the cost of these books its starting to become an option for me. I have 2 #3's right now. A VG/F that is missing the pinup and Fair/Gd that has the pinup. I got Fair for $60 and the other for $80. Now I just need to price out how much to marry them. Besides these will be sitting in my collection.

I wish you would have kept the other #2 complete. sorry.gif