• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of Magazines...

9 posts in this topic

Are you aghast that they were too expensive or too cheap? confused.gif

#11 and #12 are notoriously difficult to find in high grade and either one

would fetch $500+ for a VF/NM copy, and the others aren't that easy either.

I think this was someone bidding safely for what they are hoping are some

nice copies.

FM's have been on the rise in the past year (not just #1), there have been several examples of #s between 3-20 selling for over a grand each in high grade.

Are you aghast that they were too expensive or too cheap?

I'm aghast over the price they commanded 893whatthe.gif...I have zero knowledge on the value of these books...

Certainly peaks crazy.gif the collector bug in me... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

>Certainly peaks the collector bug in me

just an esoteric correction...

i believe the word you (and many others) are using is actually "pique" (e.g. it piqued my interest, or it piques my interest). the word is derived from a french word - and it isn't actually from the word to "peak" in english.

for the dictionary minded out there:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pique

There are a many hardcore collectors of this magazine, with early issues commanding very high prices. If you're a horror buff, this is THE series to collect. Issues after 33 are easier to locate (with certain issues being tougher) as they started overprinting them with many issues being found in warehouses afterwards. They can be a fun read if you like old horror flicks, and they have many excellent black and white stills you won't find anywhere else (although they reprinted many features over, and over and over again). 893blahblah.gif

Yes, the Grammar Police should consider trying to correct such errors to be a mute issue.

(That's one of my favorite ones, but it doesn't seem to peak the interest of the GPs as much...)

smile.gif

Don't start with me. Joanna and I will be like the Harbingers of Doom, swooping down upon all of you. "Pique," "moot," and of course, my personal favorite - argument, which only has one "e" in it. To the dragons, we ride!