• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Misc Golden Age Comics For Sale!

65 posts in this topic

th_advunknown57.jpg

Adventures Into the Unknown #57 $15

Back Cover

Hey Fuelman, in my humble opinion you should pick this one up too if you don't have it already.

These 3-D effect ACGs are extremely cool...if I didn't have any I'd be all over it. Nice price too!

th_bluebolt62.jpg

Blue Bolt Vol.6 #2 VG+ $10

Back Cover

th_capmarvel106.jpg

Captain Marvel Adventures #106 Apparent VG+ or better $15 Funky miswrap, black color touches

Back Cover

th_xmascarn.jpg

Christmas Carnival #2 G $8

Back Cover

BTW, the color touched books that have been posted were all culled from the same collection, and they included this PLOD:

th_fightingyank22.jpg

The Fighting Yank #22 CGC App. 7.5 $150 Sharp looking copy of this Schomburg cover, PM with offers! CGC Notes: "3 Edges Trimmed" & "Cream to Off-White Pages"

Back Cover

Two things I just noticed on the Back Cover scan- that is NOT a crack in the top part of the case, its the holder for the label;, that small slice/chip on the left edge was actually on the scanner bed and is not in the holder.

th_jiuw54.jpg

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #54 CGC 8.0 VF $75 OW Pages. Someone(ok it was me) dropped this book and the case cracked, book was not damaged. Slight CGC case rub center of front cover(looks like glare), it's not on book. CGC#0108646011

Back Cover

th_advunknown57.jpg

Adventures Into the Unknown #57 $15

Back Cover

Hey Fuelman, in my humble opinion you should pick this one up too if you don't have it already.

These 3-D effect ACGs are extremely cool...if I didn't have any I'd be all over it. Nice price too!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Okay, you got me! takeit.gif

I knew about it. But thought the price was more than it was. Must have been dozing or something on this one.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif ......or posting faster than the speed of thought. acclaim.gif

poke2.gif

Great, hope you enjoy, Fuelman!

IMO, that short-lived ACG fad of "3-D effect stories" was a real hoot. Basically, they were trying to cash in on the 3-D fad, but realized that actual 3-D comics were too expensive (you had to provide glasses and raise the book's price to a quarter, which killed sales). So they tried to mimic a 3-D effect by printing heavy black borders around the panels, and would draw people and objects so that they were randomly (usually gratuitously) popping out of the panel borders. They also used this weird greytone effect in the backgrounds to make them lighter & fuzzier, to simulate receding depth. Hope you get a kick out of it....well worth your $15, IMO! thumbsup2.gif

I've actually already have one of the ACG 3-D books. The only reason I passed on this one previously was that I'm kind of collecting the Adventures into the Unknown's simply because I have quite a few already, and I'm trying to focus within the 52 pagers (#1 to some where in the 30's). The 3-D books are cool though & just a little prompting from you was all I needed to pull the takeit.gif

So I'm actually glad you suggested it. thumbsup2.gif

hi.gif

Hey, that Tales From the Crypt does NOT have a scratch on the case or on the book, it was a hair in the scanner(I'll see about re-scanning it).

Let's start off the morning with a good injury to eye book(as well as spear through the throat and other horrors)!

The Thing #16 F+ $75

th_thing16.jpg

Back Cover

Weird Science #14 VG $45 A couple of small pieces of tape inside cover, two small chips off but present, lower spine tear/piece out, mis-staple/wrap .

th_ws14.jpg

Back Cover

Whoops! Posted the wrong price for the WS #14, it has been edited.... foreheadslap.gif

A lesson to you kids, don't smoke crack....at least not before noon! boo.gif