• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's your lamest SA character

50 posts in this topic

Bobby Reed ---Dial " H " for Hero

or was it Robbie Reed

I do not remember that whole idea sucked

Never read the original stories, but I actually liked the recent series H-E-R-O by DC. I thought it was pretty interesting/fun. confused-smiley-013.gif

Looking back, Big Man & The Enforcers were pretty lame, although I thought ASM #10 was one of the better early ASM stories.

Terrible Tinkerer was stupid. Stiltman. The Owl. Actually, most of DD's early enemies were bad. The Infant Terrible was lame.

There are a ton of terrible and forgettable heroes and villains, but my least favorite "mainstream" Marvel hero was the impossible to understand

Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Goliath/Yellowjacket/Sybil whatever he was. Best thing he ever did was create Ultron, one of my favorite villains.

And can I admit, if only for the sake of a good soul-cleanse, that I thought the Living Eraser was awesome when I was 9 years old?

Dan

The Infant Terrible was lame.
I liked that story. It was superior to the impossible man. Later Star Trek would base (although they wouldn't admit it) Trelane on the infant alien.

Lay out the early (first 10 to 15) non-mainstream Marvel titles and throw a dart:

Strange Tales: The Destroyer! The Acrobat? The Sorcerer? The Eel? Good ol' Paste Pot Pete? The Rabble Rouser? The Terrible Trio?? 27_laughing.gif

Tales to Astonish: The Living Eraser! The Human Top! The Magician! Colossus!

Even Daredevil had some seriously lame early villains. I mean, who on earth could be afraid of The Owl??? The Matador!! The Purple Man!!

foreheadslap.gif

The Living Eraser?

I thought he was one of the better ones.

Maybe the others just sucked more. 27_laughing.gif

There are a ton of terrible and forgettable heroes and villains, but my least favorite "mainstream" Marvel hero was the impossible to understand

Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Goliath/Yellowjacket/Sybil whatever he was. Best thing he ever did was create Ultron, one of my favorite villains.

And can I admit, if only for the sake of a good soul-cleanse, that I thought the Living Eraser was awesome when I was 9 years old?

Dan

Pym was my childhood favorite,,although re-reading his body of work,I have no idea why. crazy.gif

You guys have about covered it. I read Marvels in the sixties and the hero characters were pretty good. I would say that the most embarassing moment was when Rick Jones became a folk singer. He was great in the teen brigade though.

The Enforcers from ASM#10 were pretty lame, though not as lame as all the villains Rhino posted from Strange Tales and Tales to Astonish (Two of my favorite titles for some reason). I'll add to that Egghead from TTA #37.

Didn't the BEETLE have lame steel type wings and suckers on his fingers ?
Yeah, and to hear you describe it like that it does sound lame. But he endures fairly good surprisingly. Even making it into the mini-series Deadly Foes of Spiderman.

Maybe it's the costume that gives him a pass on some judgement. confused-smiley-013.gif Not that it's a good costume, I'm just guessing that he must slip under the radar so to speak.