• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is the best ultimate spidey cover so far???

21 posts in this topic

just the first one. Especially due to the great detailed background, which is usualy absent on the rest of the covers. I dont like this guys style and his anatomy is off. Im not saying that artistic license is bad--just his version of it.

Bagley just does the interiors. The cover artist is the same guys who used to do the computer-drawn Fleer Flair trading cards for Bill Jemas. And many of the later sets especially the chase cards back when painting solely on computers was a radically new concept.

He's good and fast, but I dont like the style as I said earlier. Just looks awkward.

Ditko was the best. Gil Kane was , well, Gil Kane doing Spidey! Great but Kane did everything well. Romita JR is one of my favorites---very solid shapes and coolly stylish. Cant remember many others...

I think you are mistaken here aman, Bagley does do the covers for Ultimate Spider-Man. You may be getting mixed up with ASM, where Romita Jr does interior art but hardly any of the covers.

I must say that I am not a fan of Bagley's art and don't like Marvel's current policy of generic 'posed' covers. I prefer the covers of old that dipicted a scene from the story inside the book.

Unfortunately, the inside of a comic book doesn't seem quite as important now as it used to be. frown.gif

I must say that I am not a fan of Bagley's art and don't like Marvel's current policy of generic 'posed' covers. I prefer the covers of old that dipicted a scene from the story inside the book.

Unfortunately, the inside of a comic book doesn't seem quite as important now as it used to be.

Yes I agree with your statement about how the cover art from Marvel's comics are nothing more then Rolling Stone and GQ magazine covers, which just have their famous people in front just standing there showing their cute faces?

rantpost.gif

Well, I may be 'half' wrong.

That is, I know the computer coloring is by Jung Choi as I said...but he may be coloring over Bagley pencils. I was under the impression that Choi was now drawing/pencilling Spidey too. I'm not a real big fan of Bagley's art either. Its very professional and accomplished, but to my eye, just not "great". Like a modern Jim mooney sort of. Nice work, but sort of just okay.