• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you leaving comics for Original Art or Thinking about it?

53 posts in this topic

Just wondering since I see some people have switched over to OA from comics and such,I was just wondering if anyone else maybe thinking about it from time to time.I'm finding it much more satisfying than collecting comics IMO.

I've been trying to make the move. By the end of the year, my comic collection will be finished as it currently is comprised, and likely I will move into OA completely, while still keeping my hand in a few keys here and there (and of course high grade late bronze and copper, which is cheap).

I don't have plans to sell my comic collection any time soon, but I also don't plan on spending any significant amount of money adding books to it either. On the other hand, I am planning a few "big" OA purchases in the near future.

I'm selling my Original Art for GA comics. grin.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now that I think about it, both areas of collecting have alot in common. Both are mostly drek with a few great sought after series/artists. And it's hard to find exactly what you're looking for when you want it because they don't come up for sale very frequently.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wouldn't think about it, even if i had the money....

Value-wise, it's the old thing that the OA market NEEDS the Comic market survive, but the opposite is not true.

That said, i wouldn't say that i don't ever plan on buying any OA, it's just that i'd buy it as a compliment to my Comic collection, not vice versa.

I'm selling my Original Art for GA comics. grin.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now that I think about it, both areas of collecting have alot in common. Both are mostly drek with a few great sought after series/artists. And it's hard to find exactly what you're looking for when you want it because they don't come up for sale very frequently.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

As you know, I did. I'm still reading new stuff though.

Just wondering since I see some people have switched over to OA from comics and such,I was just wondering if anyone else maybe thinking about it from time to time.I'm finding it much more satisfying than collecting comics IMO.

I guess it all depens whether you are a bandwagon jumper or not. confused-smiley-013.gif