• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Marvel Bronze Age In-House Ads!

618 posts in this topic

I could swear that I've read Tim Bo Baa, but I don't have any pre-hero. I believe it's available as a "Tales from the Watcher" backup, perhaps in Silver Surfer #1? In any case, I thought it was a great story.

Did anyone buy from these ads? As a Canuck, I was never able to afford the extra charges.

I bought the web-shooter. It was a piece of krap. It took all of a couple days before I broke it. That was the only item I ever ordered.

In the 70's after I kept bothering her, my mom also bought me the Roman Soldiers and the Army soldier sets they always showed on the backs of the comics. They were cool! I used to build Lincoln Log forts and play war with them. That was a loooong time ago.

Oh and the Sea Monkeys she bought me were a bust :(

God, in retrospect I feel like Cartman

cool thread, I'm gonna go dig some out tonight while watching baseball.

Did anyone buy from these ads? As a Canuck, I was never able to afford the extra charges.

I bought the web-shooter. It was a piece of krap. It took all of a couple days before I broke it. That was the only item I ever ordered.

In the 70's after I kept bothering her, my mom also bought me the Roman Soldiers and the Army soldier sets they always showed on the backs of the comics. They were cool! I used to build Lincoln Log forts and play war with them. That was a loooong time ago.

Oh and the Sea Monkeys she bought me were a bust :(

God, in retrospect I feel like Cartman

I had some of those. Loved those things. A sandbox and firecrackers make for a great battleground. (thumbs u

So I was going through an old issue of Amazing Spider-Man (#214) and I came across this ad in the back for X-Men #142 with an "Alternate" cover. It would be cool to find out where the OA is for this. I think I like it better than the original.

X_Men_142_Alternate.jpg

capture