• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is BUZZ?

24 posts in this topic

I think Buzz charges about $90-100 for a pencil drawing. Saw him briefly at Seattle Emerald comicon.

That sounds about right for his con rates if I'm remembering correctly.

The pieces you're likely drooling over on CAF are full commissions - and those are a bit more pricey.

But worth every penny.

I saw some of his art on CAF's. His work is excellent.

Does he has a website?

What other work has he done?

Buzz is working on his very own trophy wall for me right now. yay.gif

That's how much I think of his work.

He's a nice guy to boot.

Chris

I think Buzz charges about $90-100 for a pencil drawing. Saw him briefly at Seattle Emerald comicon.

Buzz usually charges $100 for fully inked con pieces. Yes, that's as much as Adam Hughes and other top aritsts but, IMO, his work is right up there. Anyone good enough to work for Neal Adams is okay by me.

Whats it going to be of?

Vampirella...and the Universal Monsters..or his version of them at least..

Should be a fun piece.

best,

Chris

I have to agree that Buzz is a terrific artist, and definitely worth every penny!

However, I just want to warn people that he's been known to be notoriously late in the past, with some people never getting their commissions. I do hear that he's gotten a lot better, though, so let's hope that's true!

I am actually waiting to hear from him at this time myself. We agreed on a commission, and he told me that I wouldn't have to send him any money until he gets to doing a preliminary sketch, which is a great thing to do and definitely makes the process much easier!

Alberto

I have a few commissions by Buzz and recently sold a GL Recreation here on the boards...

but the Batman and Robin piece and Zatanna piece I own are two of the nicest pieces of OA commission work I've seen.

He's also a pretty nice guy to talk to...

I was looking to get a Wolverine vs. Batman piece done. He told me $400, is that to much for a customed piece?

For the quality of his work I say $400 is probably fair.

I am paying more than that for my Commission but it has more detail.

I have commissioned alot of art from alot of artists, and Buzz could probably charge 25-40% more and still be in line with artists of his talent leve.

Best,

Chris

I was looking to get a Wolverine vs. Batman piece done. He told me $400, is that to much for a customed piece?

For the quality of his work I say $400 is probably fair.

I am paying more than that for my Commission but it has more detail.

I have commissioned alot of art from alot of artists, and Buzz could probably charge 25-40% more and still be in line with artists of his talent leve.

Best,

Chris

Agreed. $400 is aggressive (so make sure he delivers the goods) but he is definitely capable of delivering.

Buzz is a friend of mine and a good friend to have. Don't be half-assed when trying to get something from him. He handles a brush as easily and confidently as most artists handle pencils, go for the fully-inked 14 by 17. Buzz is all over my (Robert Plunkett) gallery, quick url: http://cafurl.com?i=281 at www.comicartfans.com and we agree that I've got some of the best pieces he's done. He's on the featured items, several of the Good Girl Art galleries and Legends of Genre Art. If you're curious about what he looks like, look under Pics. I've said this before (and that may be one reason we're pals) that his stuff is someday going to be worth ten times what it is now. Also, of all the artists I've dealt with, he is the most knowledgeable about art history, especially my favorite related subject, the golden age of illustration.

Buzz is a friend of mine and a good friend to have. Don't be half-assed when trying to get something from him. He handles a brush as easily and confidently as most artists handle pencils, go for the fully-inked 14 by 17.

That's what he's doing for me 14x17 and fully inked...can't wait.

Chris