• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nicest Hulk 181 7.5 I've Ever Seen

31 posts in this topic

Exactly SP! Are you ALL so sure that the book is "only" a VF- because THAT's what the label states. Why are all so terrified to DISAGREE with what INITIALLY was supposed to be a company set up to render a second opinion. Has anyone here ever sought a medical second opinion and upon hearing it COMPLETELY disregarded what the first medical practicioner advised, just because it was the SECOND opinion? SO many 7.5s are PASSED on that are BEAUTIFUL books, and other 9.4s snapped up quickly at outlandish prices because of this. TRUST YOURSELVES sometimes. A restoration check is ONE thing, but everyone here CAN grade, even if it's just by comparison. CGCs grading, in MY opinion, is inconsistant only because humans are inconsistant, day to day, week to week, book to book, in rendering subjective, NON-scientifically measured opinions. If a Physician suspects someone has a broken bone, and it's NOT sticking out through the skin, a simple X-ray will provide the answers. This X-ray will be taken at a certain, set, prescribed distance, a certain strength, in other wise, a carefully calibrated procedure, scientifically measured to obtain positive answers and results.

Ask a grader WHY a certain book is a VF, and he'll tell you, "well, it has 5 stresses and a corner crease, so it's a VF". Then ask him why your Spiderman 30 has 8 stresses and a corner crease and it's graded 9.0? Think you'll get an answer based on scientifically measured results?

Grading is NOT an exact science (says so right on the back of the label). BUY THE BOOK and trust your judgement. Stop passing on gems due to fear factors.

Hey, I never said I wasn't going to buy it just because of the CGC 7.5 grade. I had a bid in there of $350, but once it went to $365 in the last few minutes, I started to rethink my position.

There's also the question of the back cover, which may have been the cause of the 7.5 grade. So basically, I wasn't prepared to go above $350, while someone else was.