• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest Overstreet now Ready for Download

9 posts in this topic

And the expense is only the start of the good news:

NOTE: When the Comic Price Guide is installed, it is installed on and licensed to one single computer. The PDF cannot be copied to or viewed on another computer, and the installer will not reinstall the file on another computer. Once installed, the Comic Price Guide can be viewed only on the computer on which the installation was run.

Where do I sign up? 27_laughing.gif

Seriously, with those kind of insane restrictions and it being softcopy only, that kind of deal should be like $9.99 at the most. $5 would be fair.

NOTE: When the Comic Price Guide is installed, it is installed on and licensed to one single computer. The PDF cannot be copied to or viewed on another computer, and the installer will not reinstall the file on another computer. Once installed, the Comic Price Guide can be viewed only on the computer on which the installation was run.

It's not that hard to "fix" it so you can install it on as many of your computers as you want to.

Seriously, with those kind of insane restrictions and it being softcopy only, that kind of deal should be like $9.99 at the most. $5 would be fair.

Exactly! I paid $32 for my HC copy, but I can let my brother look at it.

Just got the email from Heritage:

Download for $25

Not to rain on your parade drice6900, but I really don't understand why OS is still using this format for their e-guide.

Last year, I threw this same question out, and Arnold replied that they were working on a different approach to resolve what is otherwise a digital printout of the guide.

The main beef I have is that for an electronic guide, it should have better search capabilities than those offered through Acrobat.

I've purchased this guide already twice only to be let-down both times. Unless they start doing something dramatically different than what they are doing with the guide, I'd rather pass on the purchase.

It's not that hard to "fix" it so you can install it on as many of your computers as you want to.

Yeah, what he said. Its not like its hard to manipulate PDF files. Please.

Just got the email from Heritage:

Download for $25

Not to rain on your parade drice6900, but I really don't understand why OS is still using this format for their e-guide.

Last year, I threw this same question out, and Arnold replied that they were working on a different approach to resolve what is otherwise a digital printout of the guide.

The main beef I have is that for an electronic guide, it should have better search capabilities than those offered through Acrobat.

I've purchased this guide already twice only to be let-down both times. Unless they start doing something dramatically different than what they are doing with the guide, I'd rather pass on the purchase.

Oh, you are not raining on my parade! I won't be ordering one, I like the hardcover. I just wanted to put it up on here so others who may be interested are aware it is being offered. thumbsup2.gif