• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got these comics see.....

39 posts in this topic

ok... Howdy and thanks for looking at this post.

I got a bunch of comics from a source that owed me some cash. all are in plastic bags and most have shifted. shifted : looking at the front on the left you see a white stripe showing from the back cover with the staple less than a 1/4 inch from that. this shows on the front. is there a way to correct this flaw? I refolded one as a test, replaced it in its plastic bag and weighted it down with a few books... Is there a better way? is there a proper word for this shifting?

thanks,

sd

will attempt a photo posting if noone knows what I am talking about...

ok... Howdy and thanks for looking at this post.

I got a bunch of comics from a source that owed me some cash. all are in plastic bags and most have shifted. shifted : looking at the front on the left you see a white stripe showing from the back cover with the staple less than a 1/4 inch from that. this shows on the front. is there a way to correct this flaw? I refolded one as a test, replaced it in its plastic bag and weighted it down with a few books... Is there a better way? is there a proper word for this shifting?

thanks,

sd

will attempt a photo posting if noone knows what I am talking about...

a photo would be best. what you're describing could either be a spine roll or a miswrap. the former is correctable, the latter not.

without pics, that's all i can give ya. i would avoid doing any further testing until you know exactly what you have, and its relative value

ummmm... how do you post a scan?

use the "Reply" button, not "quick reply."

at the bottom of that page, there is a checkbox for

I want to preview my post and/or attach a file

check it.

you will go to a page that instructs you to browse for the file you want to attach. jpegs or gifs are fine. file size is less than 200kb.

then follow the instructions. your post will have an "attachment" link on it. you can then click on the attachment link, copy the URL, and edit your first post, displaying the image using the "Image" tag under the "Instant UBB Code" heading.

there should be a FAQ around here somewhere, but damned if i can find it

no problem.

yeah, those are spine rolls. it's possible to have them pressed out, but looking at the general condition of the books, it's probably going to be cost prohibitive.

and, fyi, those are "magazines," not "comics." i understand this may seem a finely shaven distinction, but it's a distinction nonetheless.

there is a Magazine forum here that might help you appraise the relative values of those books, but i will say up front that the magazine forum isn't a high-traffic forum, and those magazines don't seem to be particularly valuable ones.

still, a list and a couple of pictures might be a good use of your time if you wanted a better idea of their worth and if you wanted to press out the spine rolls on them or not

weeellllllllllllll [embarrassing lack of self control]....

How do you press a spine roll out? Do you have to send them out?

also I can see my scan but I dint post it? How did he do that?

a pro will apply heat and pressure to a book to get the spine roll out, but if done by an amateur, the risk of ruining the book is pretty high.

to get your image up, Nik cut and pasted the URL of your attachment and put it in the "Image" tag dialog that comes up when you click the "Image" link on the reply screen (it's right next to the "font color" bar there to the right and below the box you compose your posts in

To save some time, I'd list the comics you have and ask for recommendations of which ones to scan. So far, those you have listed have little monetary value but good reading value. Definitely not worth trying to "fix" the books as they might sell for $1 each and only to someone who wanted to read them, so the spine and condition won't really matter anyway.