• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GYPSIES, TRAMPS, AND THIEVES HAVE ALL THE LUCK ! ! !

26 posts in this topic

This week's correct answer:

Mister Mystery #13

This week's random winner:

joe_collector

shall receive either ONE FREE STANDARD SUBMISSION or ONE FREE GRADING GUIDE!!

Please PM me for your prize.

::: THUD! :::

Stand back everyone......give him room......Bugaboo just fainted.......give him some space. 893whatthe.gif

Mister Mystery #13

joe_collector

:::THUD!:::

Stand back everyone......give him room......Bugaboo just fainted.......give him some space.

Oh come on, that isn't a sign of the comic market crashing.

That's actually a sign of the apocolypse...RUN...RUN....RUNNNNNNNNN 27_laughing.gif

The funny part is Joe doesn't even know he's won yet-- right now he's having a lovely brunch with good buddy Chuck Rozanski, after which he'll be standing in line to see Matrix: Reloaded for the 17th time.

stooges.gif

(Hint: Equally unlikely occurances for those who haven't been keeping up!)

Cheers,

Z.

Mister Mystery #13

joe_collector

::: THUD! :::

Stand back everyone......give him room......Bugaboo just fainted.......give him some space.

Sigh....another conspiracy theory down the tubes! sumo.gif

Does that mean that ComicInvestor will make a comeback ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I will if Arch can enable it again. I told him to delete it when I was royally ticked off, then hijacked my buddy Jan's account when I cooled down.

No conspiracy theories.

Are you going to pay Gemma for that free submission?.......it would be the only fair thing to do........you lousy gypsy. crazy.gif

But seriously......congrats on the win.......it was a long time coming. smile.gif

I heard Pov PM'd the answer to him... 893whatthe.gif

_C checked the GCD just like everyone else! :-)

But...would you have known which title to look for if POV didn't give the hint? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

J_C checked the GCD just like everyone else! :-)
But...would you have known which title to look for if POV didn't give the hint? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I never saw POV's hint before I answered - didn't need it. All you have to do is an Advanced GCD search under the "Find a specific comic book/story" section and then in the sub-search of "story title." The Comics-Quest question had all the info you need. Took 10 seconds to find the answer grin.gif

Yes, I know I may be giving away some "insider" info, but I'm doing it primarily so all you comic fans realize what an invaluable tool the GCD is! It's the best comics database on the web. I'm always checking it for my "who drew this cover?" and "did this character appear in this issue?" type of questions.

As a secondary reason, I mention the GCD in the hope that CGC will stop asking "insignificant" trivia questions like this week's. Sure, CGC could ask a question about a book that hasn't been indexed, that's their choice. But what was the point of this week's question? Usually I learn something from trivia questions I can't answer, but not this week. Or is there some historical (comic) value to this week's answer that I am missing? confused.gif