• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Action 56

32 posts in this topic

I wouldn't hesitate to give this book a straight FN 6.0 (even if it does look like that top staple has beened moved around some . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gifwink.gif

If by 893scratchchin-thumb.gifwink.gif you are implying that there may have been some work on the book, I am always leery of that as well. However, I VERY closely examined the staples and the centerfold and I'm satisfied that the book has not been taken apart.

I think what happens is this...

GA books like this have a very thick, almost cardstock-like cover. The cover is not as flexible as a cover made from thinner paperstock. When the cover is opened and closed, it tends to wear against the staple rather than easily bend along the spine as does a book with flimsier paperstock. So, IMO, this is why you see a lot of GA books with staple tears and covers that are bit loose with enlarged staple holes.

I suppose pressing is always a possibility, but I'm satisfied this book hasn't been disassembled.

I'll be putting the boat in the water soon. I'll stop in Troy, and pick you up. Don't forget to bring the Action Comics collection.

I wouldn't hesitate to give this book a straight FN 6.0 (even if it does look like that top staple has beened moved around some . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gifwink.gif

If by 893scratchchin-thumb.gifwink.gif you are implying that there may have been some work on the book, I am always leery of that as well. However, I VERY closely examined the staples and the centerfold and I'm satisfied that the book has not been taken apart.

GA books like this have a very thick, almost cardstock-like cover. The cover is not as flexible as a cover made from thinner paperstock. When the cover is opened and closed, it tends to wear against the staple rather than easily bend along the spine as does a book with flimsier paperstock. So, IMO, this is why you see a lot of GA books with staple tears and covers that are bit loose with enlarged staple holes.

I suppose pressing is always a possibility, but I'm satisfied this book hasn't been disassembled.

I'll be putting the boat in the water soon. I'll stop in Troy, and pick you up. Don't forget to bring the Action Comics collection.

My Mom was born in Troy; her family lived in Cahose. I remember walking across the steel drawbridge as a kid . . . grin.gif

My Mom was born in Troy; her family lived in Cahose. I remember walking across the steel drawbridge as a kid . . . grin.gif

I hear, it's a free pass through the locks this year. I'll probably take the boat by Cohoes this year. thumbsup2.gif

I'll stop in Troy, and pick you up. Don't forget to bring the Action Comics collection.

I am offended, Sir! I would never sully my collection by housing it in or near the cesspool known as Troy, NY. 893naughty-thumb.gif

My collection resides along with me in picturesque and quaint Saratoga.

stooges.gif

I'll stop in Troy, and pick you up. Don't forget to bring the Action Comics collection.

I am offended, Sir! I would never sully my collection by housing it in or near the cesspool known as Troy, NY. 893naughty-thumb.gif

My collection resides along with me in picturesque and quaint Saratoga.

stooges.gif

sorry.gifWell, if I have to go through the locks, lets make it Montreal.

I agree that books with subscription creases start at VG, but this book doesn't have a subscription crease, it has a subscription bend. It's a huge difference!

I'd peg this as a 6.0--looks a little better, but deducting some for the bend that you can only detect in hand.