• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Golden Age grail are you going to try to aquire or buy this year??

40 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of a private deal of getting my grail within the next month. . A Fantastic Comics # 3 . "Classic Lou Fine,Robot Cover" I've been wanting a copy for at least 12 years . I'm really excited about this . cloud9.gif I'll post it when I get it.

What condition and is it restored?

Graded as a Fair . No back cover. Complete with Cream to light tan pages . Cover presents well . Small piece missing at spine & small piece missing top right corner . Small tears also on cover. Cover image is real nice ,bright colors , From what I've seen it looks better then the grade. I'm pretty happy after seeing it..I'll post it in the next couple of weeks when I get it.

Well this thread should be called "what GA grail have I have not acquired this year". Its been a great year for selection and if I can find a Marvel Mystery Comics #9 and a Human Torch #12 and I''l be pretty happy with my collection. Everything after that will be gravy. cloud9.gif

Two Great books , Surfer. The Marvel Mystery # 9 cloud9.gif I would love to own myself one day . Wish you luck . You will get one , just stay focused . IMHO , I would rather have a MM # 9 then a Marvel Comics # 1 as a collector . Subby vs. Torch"Fire & Water elements,1st hero battle, Bill Everett, Carl Burgos art. How cool is that!!! cloud9.gifcloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

I'm in the process of a private deal of getting my grail within the next month. . A Fantastic Comics # 3 . "Classic Lou Fine,Robot Cover" I've been wanting a copy for at least 12 years . I'm really excited about this . cloud9.gif I'll post it when I get it.

Man, is goldust gonna be jealous. Congrats on finding such a tough GA gem. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Two Great books , Surfer. The Marvel Mystery # 9 cloud9.gif I would love to own myself one day . Wish you luck . You will get one , just stay focused . IMHO , I would rather have a MM # 9 then a Marvel Comics # 1 as a collector . Subby vs. Torch"Fire & Water elements,1st hero battle, Bill Everett, Carl Burgos art. How cool is that!!! cloud9.gifcloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

Exactly how I feel, by far the best cover of the whole run. I was the under bidder on that 2.0 copy that was on EBay about 3 weeks ago but as it was pushing $3,700 and it had tape on the detached cover I just couldn't take it any farther. If I can't win anything in the May Heritage auction I'm probably going to go after Bob Storms Human Torch #12. cloud9.gif

Graded as a Fair . No back cover. Complete with Cream to light tan pages . Cover presents well . Small piece missing at spine & small piece missing top right corner . Small tears also on cover. Cover image is real nice ,bright colors , From what I've seen it looks better then the grade. I'm pretty happy after seeing it..I'll post it in the next couple of weeks when I get it.

Sounds like my grail. I have the front cover to 'Tec 39. I'm looking for a coverless copy, and I'll have a similar copy to your Fantastic 3.

Hopefully I will have my Spirit Collection finished as far as numbers and then it is just a matter of upgrading and getting more pedi copies. The only other book I am looking for is a Fantastic 3 (join the club) aiming for g-Vg ish. I have a couple of people looking.

action1kid, has your ad in the newest Overstreet gotten you any leads? Just curious.

What do you think of the Action #7 on Comiclink? It does seem overpriced and the red stains probably are a turn off.