• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Golden Age grail are you going to try to aquire or buy this year??

40 posts in this topic

No leads as of yet.

The Action 7 on comiclink at 25k is more than 4 times guide.I would not pay 4 times guide for a low grade non key.Even though it is quite scarce in unrestored, even in lower grade. The next 10 years of price growth is already factored into the book price. I feel I could never recoup the 25k if I pulled the trigger.

I do find those red stains very unattractive for 25,000.

the book would have to be 6.0 at least for me to pay 25k

After a 6 mo. moratorium, I will soon be back in the buying mode, and priority one will be to get a VG-F copy of Headline #8.

Beyond that, presentable lower grade copies of Captain America #46 and Mystic #9 (1st series) would be nice.

I'm always amazed that people list books with a FMV over 10K on comiclink with such lousy scans. I guess those red splotches would be pretty annoying after paying 20K+ for a non-key. Regarding early Actions on comiclink, what is up with that moldy looking copy of Action #2 getting a 4.5 grade? The bottom staple looks close to being rusted through. Fuzzy scan aside, the 3.5 "Lost Valley" copy is a nicer looking book.

Graded as a Fair . No back cover. Complete with Cream to light tan pages . Cover presents well . Small piece missing at spine & small piece missing top right corner . Small tears also on cover. Cover image is real nice ,bright colors , From what I've seen it looks better then the grade. I'm pretty happy after seeing it..I'll post it in the next couple of weeks when I get it.

Almost sounds like the copy I sold to a comic dealer in Central Canada for 3x Ostreet who promptly flipped it to Fischler/Metro for more $$. My copy had a mis-matched back cover from another Fox Publication.

fantastic3.jpg

I'm in the process of a private deal of getting my grail within the next month. . A Fantastic Comics # 3 . "Classic Lou Fine,Robot Cover" I've been wanting a copy for at least 12 years . I'm really excited about this . cloud9.gif I'll post it when I get it.

Man, is goldust gonna be jealous. Congrats on finding such a tough GA gem. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I admit that when I first read the above post I was indeed envious and frustrated ('cause I can't seem to track one down frustrated.gif) - nevertheless bravo. Looking forward to the scan of said grail.

I'm still looking for nice examples of key titles in the first 10 issues. Many to choose from, so no specific grail on the list.

Kinda scary, as I won't know it until I see it....and I'll have to be ready to pounce.