• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"A Month Without Hammer..." - Contest

106 posts in this topic

By now, we all know that we must suffer an entire month without any posts from Hammer. He broke the rules and is paying the price...

But we all pay a price too. Love him, hate him, or love to hate him, it will be a tough month without him around.

So to celebrate his contributions to the board, and to fill the void left in his absence, I am offering this thread. Please reply with your most "Hammer"-like post, on any comic-related topic of your choosing. Attempt to capture the grandeur, the sublime majesty, the true greatness that is our fallen comrade.

As an incentive to spur those creative juices, I will offer a prize for the post that best captures the essence of what Hammer means to the board. Winner will receive their choice of one of the following: CGC 9.8 Batman 608 or Reading copy of Tales of Suspense 49 or The New Overstreet Grading Guide or A nice coverless copy of Detective Comics 104.

If he is willing, I will let Arch decide the winner. If not, I'll decide the winner myself... I'll be away for the weekend visiting Victoria, BC, so we'll decide the winner sometime next week. Good luck to all, in making our time without Hammer as bearable as possible... And lest anyone think this thread is in any way defamatory, remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

How flattering it is I see for you all to pay trbute to me.....which only proves I am the truely the only voice of reason here lost among a sea. of untuth and disbelievers.

My time in the penalty box is a welcome privelege, one which will not go unrewarded, for it gives me the opportunity to become one with my iner-most self and to pay homage to this great omnipotent entity we all know and love as the CGC.

Just as Jesus rose again to lead his people to a greater reward, so shall I be able to bestow upon you MORE reasons why Slabbing all of your books...no matter what their condition, is the only true path to follow ,...and all will find their just rewards if you have faith in CGC, without question or reason.

Pray for me as I suffer for all the SINS of all of you who have not chosen to pay your dues and submit...submit...submit..your books to CGC.

Your Truley, acclaim.gif

Hammer.

By now, we all know that we must suffer an entire month without any posts from Hammer. He broke the rules and is paying the price...

But we all pay a price too. Love him, hate him, or love to hate him, it will be a tough month without him around.

So to celebrate his contributions to the board, and to fill the void left in his absence, I am offering this thread. Please reply with your most "Hammer"-like post, on any comic-related topic of your choosing. Attempt to capture the grandeur, the sublime majesty, the true greatness that is our fallen comrade.

Look you dimwits, there postively no point in trying to emulate me. I'll come over there and stomp on your face. You don't know what's good for you, but I'm the one who will show you, and I'll do it with one hand holding a CGC Slabbed Peter Parker Spectaular Spider-Man Number 1, in 9.9! And the comic will still be 9.9 when I'm done with you, you poor delude saps.

Just try and stop me.

Hammer

Ramses had the plagues and locusts... I have lighthouse. I envy Ramses.

I see that lighthouse OWNS this forum, because this TROLL is allowed to start a thread meant to elicit malicious personal attacks against me. TROLL. Even your avatar shows what a pissant little TROLL you are. Perhaps one day you can graduate to a gnome (a troll who occasionally makes a point, but only by accident).

But then again, by that time your two brain cells will likely have collided with each other, causing spasmodic convulsions that leave you reduced to the vegetable we all suspect you to be. Unfortunately for you, that will likely leave you at the mercy of supa-bukkake, who will likely dress you up in "Prada boots and other high end Italian clothing" so that he can show you what a real MAN he is.

I would love to see the real-world equivalent of this thread. I would love to see someone attempt name-calling me in public. Now THAT would be amusing, to see you, pathetic TROLL, wetting yourself. Just a vegetable with soiled underpants staring down a brick-hard 240 pds of striated muscle. Now THAT would be AMUSING!

I can't beat the original....

"Here's what I don't understand about all the k'vetching and complaining about the gross "inaccuracies" of this "horrible" Overstreet grading guide. Do you want to see something even FAR more inaccurate inasfar as trying to "nail down" which defects should be allowed in which grades? Pick ANY ten CGC blue top 8.0s at random and line them up and study the similarities (if you can find any). There will be more differences than similarities. The first one may have 20+ spine stresses, most of which flake the color and look JUST like other CGC books you have graded 6.5. The second one may have chips on the right edge and mottled overflash, just like another one you have graded 6.0. The third may REALLY perplex you because it looks no different than the 9.4 you received last week in the mail. No stresses, no creases, etc., leaving you scratching your head saying to yourself, "8.0???? . The fourth one may have only two spine stresses but creases on both right corners, and all the color GONE from the top left, etc. etc. etc. Perform this simple observation and then come back here and post about how "inaccurate" the Overstreet guide is. Also, of paramount importance is WHO the book is being graded for. I "won" a Showcase 14 in CGC 7.5 blue from Greg Manning about 2.5 years ago. The book looked nice from the postage stamp sized scan included in the auction. When it arrived, I thought I was on "Candid Camera" or "Punked". The top left corner was HANGING by a thread, a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch of it. It had MORE flaked spine stresses than could be counted (50+). the right corners were BADLY multiply creased and there was NO bottom left corner (eroded away), as well as chips on the right edge. The book had nice color and that was IT!! On it's best day of days, it couldn't have been possibly mistaken for anything better than a VG even by a person attempting to grade for their first time, and yet, here it was, unfortunately, in front of me in a 7.5 labeled holder!! I won the book for $1000 UNDER guide and couldn't imagine why I won it so inexpensively (evidently, the word was OUT amongst DC collectors about the true grade of this "Gem"). Of course, I couldn't return this POS (all CGC sales final) so I put it up for auction the following week and it returned 1/2 of what I paid (remember: I paid $1000 UNDER guide to begin with), because I imaged it LARGE and CLEAR as I do ALL my scans and it was obvious that the book was a VG (THAT'S what it auctioned at.... about 90% of price guide VG for a CGCed key issue 7.5). Nice, huh? "

stunning rant, just stunning.

"Bronty" wrote:

I see that lighthouse OWNS this forum, because this TROLL is allowed to start a thread meant to elicit malicious personal attacks against me. TROLL. Even your avatar shows what a pissant little TROLL you are. Perhaps one day you can graduate to a gnome (a troll who occasionally makes a point, but only by accident).

But then again, by that time your two brain cells will likely have collided with each other, causing spasmodic convulsions that leave you reduced to the vegetable we all suspect you to be. Unfortunately for you, that will likely leave you at the mercy of supa-bukkake, who will likely dress you up in "Prada boots and other high end Italian clothing" so that he can show you what a real MAN he is.

I would love to see the real-world equivalent of this thread. I would love to see someone attempt name-calling me in public. Now THAT would be amusing, to see you, pathetic TROLL, wetting yourself. Just a vegetable with soiled underpants staring down a brick-hard 240 pds of striated muscle. Now THAT would be AMUSING!

893Funny-thumb.gif Methusalah! You're back!!! 893whatthe.gif

gossip.gif (Lighthouse, I think ya have a WINNAH!) 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

but I can try:

I don't want ANY of my little slope-eyed, turd TROLLS hounding all of my posts with their nonsense about my accused restoration of books. My 853-3 feedback speaks for itself. I don't need to make my auctions PUBLIC because any legitimate auction house makes their auctions PRIVATE to avoid all of the manure-for-brained, microscephalic prada boot wearing TROLLS (HowdyDooDoo, SupaPumped, Slobbering Time) that stalk me. YOU TOO, Rudd, with your continual stalking of me TROLL. Where's the proof that I was a 135 pound weakling named Dupcheck? This means YOU comicmanBEV , you 6-9 beanpole. I'll meet you in any alley you pick, maybe near the one I'll be in after I finish with SupaPumped. All of these TROLLS are MINE. This post might have ARCH concerned, thinking that these TROLLS have given up the "slander" crusade that he condones. Hey, ARCH, I thought that your own rules state "any member that has only contributed unproductive posts with no other reason other than to create an atmosphere of non-productivity will be terminated"? Isn't the 1200 posts against me and my 853-3 feedback by these TROLLS enough, by the rules of this board, or is it merely that I, who is not Dupcheck, the target of the 1200 posts, you condone and encourage that bologna? At what point do you "wake up" and be a moderator with LightTrailerPark and HowdyDooDee? You know, a REAL moderator, with a real "pair" that enforces his own rules for EVERYONE unbiasedly and doesn't stick his head in the sand as long as it,'s happening to one particular member with which you have an axe to grind? What is the real reason behind the bias, ARCH?

And the winner (so far) is: 893Funny-thumb.gif

You just need to remove the paragraph spaces. Hammer wouldn't use more then one paragraph. wink.gif

3 years and you have nothing, all your little investigations and you cant even find someone who bought a book from me, over 1000 positive feedback and only 2 negatives that were retaliatory after I left negs for somone trying to scam me.I have won several weight lifting titles and can bench press over 600lbs,do you think skinney little Dupchek could do this? You stupid little turd, how do you think its going to feel when I wrap my 32 inch pythons around your puny little neck? gasping for air .......that little vein on your forhead getting tighter and tighter.........feeling like its about to burst then I let off a little so you can get a mouthful of fresh O2.........feeling better?.....now here comes the pressure again.......this is going to take a while because Im going to make you suffer........this is the point where you start to think you should have never wanted to truly find out who I am, the doctor,the restorer,the collector,the salesman, it doesnt really matter now does it? Keep thinking .....maybe its just a dream......but your arms are going numb.....who will find my body? where will they find it?.........will they find it?

acclaim.gif

My music hits me so hard,

It makes me say, "Oh My Lord!"

Thank you, for blessin' me

with a mind to rhyme and two hype feet....

Ooops! Wrong Hammer, sorry. crazy.gif

Chris

Heh...Well,I have to say that I'm at least slightly amused.

But it firgures you all wouldn't be able to come up with much better material than would be expected from a group of people who developed their literary skills from reading comic books.

Keep trying, though, and maybe one of you won't embarrass yourselves in the process.

Heh...Well,I have to say that I'm at least slightly amused.

But it firgures you all wouldn't be able to come up with much better material than would be expected from a group of people who developed their literary skills from reading comic books.

Keep trying, though, and maybe one of you won't embarrass yourselves in the process.

Hammer, I thought you were against shill posters...