• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"A Month Without Hammer..." - Contest

106 posts in this topic

why do you think i was drunk, is my typing slurred? 893whatthe.gifwell compared to where you live, i have places to go, not just your local wal mart for entertainment. if you keep accusing me of being drunk i'll will sue your sorry bug arse for slander! 893naughty-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gifmakepoint.gifsumo.gifboo.gif

Yo.......you're post just seemed like you were drunk. Either that.....or you just type meaner when it's late. insane.gif

Just make sure that when you sue me........that you do it for "libel" intead of "slander". Slander is spoken........libel is written........ya lousy drunk. 27_laughing.gif

Yo.......you're post just seemed like you were drunk. Either that.....or you just type meaner when it's late. insane.gif

Just make sure that when you sue me........that you do it for "libel" intead of "slander". Slander is spoken........libel is written........ya lousy drunk. 27_laughing.gif

your right bug, but this is hammer's thread, i was quoting hammer. 27_laughing.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifinsane.gifsumo.gifstooges.gifgoodevil.gifacclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gifgossip.gif

Entries for the contest are now closed...

Judging will begin shortly... and the winner(s) will be announced shortly thereafter.

Thanks to all who entered, for helping to fill the void left by Hammer's absence...

Thanks to all who entered and congrats to our two winners...

Bronty will receive a reading copy of TOS 49.

Joanna will receive a CGC 9.8 Batman 608.

I know we all appreciate their fine efforts in helping us pass the month without Hammer.

After several discussions via PM, it has been brought to my attention that a few more of our favorite members could do with being the subject of a roast. Given two qualifications I think it might be a great idea. The first would be that the subject is willing. We all knew Hammer well enough to know that he would be happy to be roasted. But I certainly would not want to cause anyone discomfort, and we know that roasts are MUCH better when the victim guest is a willing participant. The second qualification would be the potential subject's contributions to the board. I think a 1000-post minimum for a candidate would be in order.

Personally, I also think the subject of the roast should award the prize. I was happy to help out our fallen comrade this time, but it's only fitting...

Thoughts? Volunteers?

After several discussions via PM, it has been brought to my attention that a few more of our favorite members could do with being the subject of a roast.

Errr - if one volunteered and was subsequently selected as a roastee, would they win a prize? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks to all who entered and congrats to our two winners...

Bronty will receive a reading copy of TOS 49.

Joanna will receive a CGC 9.8 Batman 608.

I know we all appreciate their fine efforts in helping us pass the month without Hammer.

After several discussions via PM, it has been brought to my attention that a few more of our favorite members could do with being the subject of a roast. Given two qualifications I think it might be a great idea. The first would be that the subject is willing. We all knew Hammer well enough to know that he would be happy to be roasted. But I certainly would not want to cause anyone discomfort, and we know that roasts are MUCH better when the victim guest is a willing participant. The second qualification would be the potential subject's contributions to the board. I think a 1000-post minimum for a candidate would be in order.

Personally, I also think the subject of the roast should award the prize. I was happy to help out our fallen comrade this time, but it's only fitting...

Thoughts? Volunteers?

You? insane.gif

You?

OK - now this is getting weird! insane.gif

I would recommend you Pov but I won't lower to your level of spelling mistakes! rantpost.gif

Thoughts? Volunteers?

You? insane.gif

lol... I'd be happy to go second... and I will be happy to cough up a prize for the winner of my round... but I think someone else should go next...

Who else do we know who could use a turn in the hot seat (and would be willing to check their pride at the door)?

btw, I don't think a separate judge would even be necessary... the responses on the board were pretty clear as to who the best "Hammer"s were this time...

Thoughts? Volunteers?

You? insane.gif

lol... I'd be happy to go second... and I will be happy to cough up a prize for the winner of my round... but I think someone else should go next...

Who else do we know who could use a turn in the hot seat (and would be willing to check their pride at the door)?

btw, I don't think a separate judge would even be necessary... the responses on the board were pretty clear as to who the best "Hammer"s were this time...

I would nominate Bug but I can't ramble that long! 893blahblah.gif

You've rambled for 8000+ posts so far...

Yeah...but my posts are usually short. His run paragraphs!

Bring it on! insane.gif

There's no rule that says the roast would have to take the form of "one-entrant, one-post"...

The best impersonation I could do of murph0 would take at least 20 posts to accomplish...

And gman... don't get me started... insane.gif

There's no rule that says the roast would have to take the form of "one-entrant, one-post"...

The best impersonation I could do of murph0 would take at least 20 posts to accomplish...

And gman... don't get me started... insane.gif

So....who's it going to be? sumo.gif

Ablue? shocked.gif

So it would be who could do the best imitation of someone?

JoeCollector thats easy.

He would be reasonably easy to imitate....

Or.....procrustean.

Or I'll volunteer.