• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidden treasure - Happy Comics 33, Frazetta story

102 posts in this topic

WOW! What a bizarre story!

Great Williamson art, of course -- even a token element reference to arsenic!

Is "Dave" modeled after Wally Wood? Page 4 panel 4 reminds me of photos I've seen of him.

I don't know about Wally Wood but Dave sure could have played Flash Gordon on TV!

Here are a few more stories. Nothing of the same artistic caliber but if you ever wondered what's inside a Harvey Pre-Code Horror book, all these 3 stories are taken from Chamber of Chills # 6. I already posted a while ago 2 of these. I added a third one to have some fresh material. Stop me when you've had enough.

First, let's start with the classic Jelly Death

1221281-CoC6JellyDeath-1-8.jpg

1221281-CoC6JellyDeath-2-8.jpg.c7af95e7bbf036510a9f67c57f5b1330.jpg

Here are a few more stories. Nothing of the same artistic caliber but if you ever wondered what's inside a Harvey Pre-Code Horror book, all these 3 stories are taken from Chamber of Chills # 6. I already posted a while ago 2 of these. I added a third one to have some fresh material. Stop me when you've had enough.

First, let's start with the classic Jelly Death

Wonderfully goofy story! Great caricatures and creative use of unruled panels.

Bob Powell with Howard Nostrand and Marvil Epps (who? pseudonym?) according to the GCD, but it's a Lou Mougin index so treat it skeptically. Did you find any signatures?

Thanks for posting the stories. You must have a special X-ray scanner that sees through those slabs.

Jack