• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please grade the planet pressing experiment

13 posts in this topic

Probably won't up the grade that much, so I don't know if you would call that a good candidate for pressing due to color breaking creasees. The Grading Bastiche give you this book a 4.0. Great Book, by the way.

Collin, whole book has water damage or just the covers? The staining looks pretty substantial. I would start at 2.0/2.5, heading further south if the pages are discolored/stained through.

I want to see how this book will look flat. I know it needs a cleaning too to really upgrade it.

I'm just curious how the pressing will deal with previous water damage.

maybe I can pay matt to clean it too?

Collin, whole book has water damage or just the covers? The staining looks pretty substantial. I would start at 2.0/2.5, heading further south if the pages are discolored/stained through.

thinking on something within this range too...maybe a 2.5

regards

If you were holding it, with all it's warbles, you might even want to go lower.

I'm hoping it's pressed up flat so it feels good to hold.

I purchased it as a Fair years ago.

If you were holding it, with all it's warbles, you might even want to go lower.

I'm hoping it's pressed up flat so it feels good to hold.

I purchased it as a Fair years ago.

Is that a tear going through the T in PLANET ? Either way it looks pretty nice for a Fair. It looks like a safe 2.0.

I want to see how this book will look flat. I know it needs a cleaning too to really upgrade it.

I'm just curious how the pressing will deal with previous water damage.

maybe I can pay matt to clean it too?

I've bit the bullet on this one and am having the tape remved, cleaned, minor reinforcing and pressed. gossip.gif (not very expensive to have done in this case) Either that or Matt's giving me a sweetheart deal. No blue lable on this baby but it's staying with me anyway and who wants an ugly water damaged, heavily stained and warbled book anyway 27_laughing.gif.

Matt estimated apparent VF or so. 893whatthe.gif We'll see.